AWNING LENGTHS

Old July 8th 03, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default AWNING LENGTHS

"Roger Dey" wrote in message
Hi Campers,
have caravan with awning length of 8850cm. Nearest preferred awning

lengths
are 8750 or 9000. Which is best & why?

Hi,
Do you mean 885, 875 and 900 cm?
Or have you a very large caravan.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 8th 03, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Dey

Hi Campers,
have caravan with awning length of 8850cm. Nearest preferred awning lengths
are 8750 or 9000. Which is best & why?

Roger

Old July 8th 03, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

"Roger Dey" wrote in message
Hi Campers,
have caravan with awning length of 8850cm. Nearest preferred awning

lengths
are 8750 or 9000. Which is best & why?

Roger

My awning is "on size" and I have decided that if I get another caravan I
will get an awning that is about 100mm short, so that its easier to tension
the bottom, especially if the ground inclines on the awning side.

Paul

Old July 8th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Dey

Hi David,
Well spotted, you're right of course. (My excuse is that I meant mm not cm)
Other replies indicate the shorter length is best, what do you think?
Roger

Old July 9th 03, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:23:19 +0100, "Roger Dey"
wrote:

Hi Campers,
have caravan with awning length of 8850cm. Nearest preferred awning lengths
are 8750 or 9000. Which is best & why?

My van has an A measurement of 836 which according to the specs should
have an 850 awning, but the dealers insisted that an 825 was the right
size. I pulled the 825 through the rail and yes I could have pegged it
on level ground but it would have been very tight.So I took the larger
one.
(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 16th 03, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AL

Default how do i measure correctly - was AWNING LENGTHS

As this is an awning length thread, i'll ask my Q here :-)

I am thinking of buying a new awning for our ABI Dalesman 420/2 1998 model,
what is the correct way to measure to ensure a good (correclty) fitting
awning? i have been told an 825cm is the correct size, but prefer to check
myself before parting with my cash.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

AL ..