Old July 29th 17, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Roy

Default Leisure battery flat

Whiskers wrote on 28/07/2017 18:19:
Now proud owner of a proper campervan, but I think I may have killed
the leisure battery by letting it run flat. I thought they were meant
to be able to tolerate that sort of thing, but now I'm not so sure.

The present one is rated at 75AH which seems a bit small for a vehicle
with a fridge and likely to have very little time with a mains
connection.

I have now got a 6W solar 'battery conditioner' but it
seems to be too late for this battery.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Leaving the battery flat for a length of time will lead to its demise. 6
watts to recharge it is a bit optimistic.

Roy