FS: Bailey Ranger 500\5 1 Year Old

Old July 8th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave The Rave

Default FS: Bailey Ranger 500\5 1 Year Old

For Sale:

Bailey Ranger 500/5 5 Berth - 1 Year Old - Just Serviced - 2 Year Warranty

www.gaskell.biz

Old July 8th 03, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pork

Default Bailey Ranger 500\5 1 Year Old

"Dave The Rave" wrote in message
For Sale:

Bailey Ranger 500/5 5 Berth - 1 Year Old - Just Serviced - 2 Year

Warranty

www.gaskell.biz

For the love of God, we KNOW!!!!!

Old July 9th 03, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

"Dave The Rave" wrote in message
For Sale:

Bailey Ranger 500/5 5 Berth - 1 Year Old - Just Serviced - 2 Year

Warranty

www.gaskell.biz

The problem is the price. Few owners are willing to grasp the fact that
their caravan is worth considerably less than they anticipate. You are
competing against Dealers (who can offer finance) selling brand new vans in
the same price range.

It's a sad fact that you will have to be prepared to lose heavily on your
purchase if you want to sell it so soon after buying it. Reduce the price
by 2,000 if you want to stand a chance of selling it before the end of the
season.

Good luck

Old July 9th 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

"pork'n'stuffing" wrote in message
"Terrano" wrote in message

"Dave The Rave" wrote in message
For Sale:

Bailey Ranger 500/5 5 Berth - 1 Year Old - Just Serviced - 2 Year

Warranty

www.gaskell.biz

The problem is the price. Few owners are willing to grasp the fact that
their caravan is worth considerably less than they anticipate. You are
competing against Dealers (who can offer finance) selling brand new vans

in
the same price range.

It's a sad fact that you will have to be prepared to lose heavily on

your
purchase if you want to sell it so soon after buying it. Reduce the

price
by 2,000 if you want to stand a chance of selling it before the end of

the
season.

What did it cost new?

A brand new one is under 10,000 before discounts and haggling. I suspect
that the caravan in question was purchased for less than that, 9,000? To
expect 8,000 for it now seems a bit unrealistic - but good luck to him if
he can get it

..

Old July 12th 03, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave The Rave

This van is now 10,500 new for the 2003 model IF you can get hold of one.

There is a demand for the 500/5 model and people cannot get hold of them.

The van cost me 10,000 new. That was the list price so to ask a grand less
for an excellent van is worth its money.

If I was to accept the value of what has been recommended here then I would
rather keep it than lose out on that much money.

Thank you for your constructive remarks.

Dave

Old July 13th 03, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terrano

"Dave The Rave" wrote in message
This van is now 10,500 new for the 2003 model IF you can get hold of one.

There is a demand for the 500/5 model and people cannot get hold of them.

The van cost me 10,000 new. That was the list price so to ask a grand

less
for an excellent van is worth its money.

If I was to accept the value of what has been recommended here then I

would
rather keep it than lose out on that much money.

Thank you for your constructive remarks.

Dave

It might not seem fair but I can tell you that a dealer would not pay more
than 6,000 - 7,000 tops for it. Dealers tend to work on the 'At least 2k'
principle - ie, if there is not at least 2k (usually much more) in any deal
then they don't want to know.

In the end it's only worth whatever somebody will pay for it.

It's also worth remembering that we are now almost into the 2004 models.

Old July 19th 03, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Philip Davies

If its a Bailey anybody with an ounce of sensce will run a mile.
A company who,s product has a laminated floor after 4 years and theri
reaction isd "you bought our cheapest so what do expect" doesnt desrve to
sell vans
"Terrano" wrote in message

[...]

---