C&CC's arrival thing (euro trip limit)

Old May 10th 07, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gazz

Default C&CC's arrival thing (euro trip limit)

Anyone know where i can get the truth about the trip limits with rac
european cover done through the C&CC to remove the weight restrictions?

i've asked RAC, and first someone told me it's 45 days, another said 90
days, another said ask the C&CC as it's them that make the terms up for
arrival customers.

C&CC tell me to ask the RAC.

I cant find any mention of trip length limits in the documents from the RAC,
infact it seems to imply there isnt one, but i'm not going to assume
anything,

Surely someone knows where the info like that is hidden?

need to know how long to book the ferry's return date for, to tie in with
the requirements of the breakdown insurance.... it's a motorhome by the way,
hence the mention of the weight limits (standard rac only cover for 3.5
tons, ours is a 4.5 tonner chassis, so we're stuck with the RAC as no bugger
else does full euro wide cover for vans that size and weight (tried them
all, only alternative is pay as you break down, which is a quid a mile there
and back for the driver, plus an hourly rate for the vehicle, as we're in
the commercial rates area of recovery)

Old May 10th 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bobby

Gazz,
I have just renewed my Arrival European cover.
Found in "General Conditions"
You may make as many journeys as you wish during the period of cover but
each journey is limited to 90 days maximum. (What is of more interest) You
may make a maximum of two claims, each of which must be for a separate
journey.
In other words go over the water as many times as you like but don't
breakdown more than twice or you will have to pay the full cost of recovery
etc. Pretty useless if you intend to make several trips.
Thanks for making me look at the terms etc in detail. Now I am considering
canceling cover and going with another company for single trip insurance.
C&CC sell this as a good deal not so sure now thou.
Rob

Old May 10th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gazz

"Bobby" wrote in message
Gazz,
I have just renewed my Arrival European cover.
Found in "General Conditions"
You may make as many journeys as you wish during the period of cover but
each journey is limited to 90 days maximum. (What is of more interest) You
may make a maximum of two claims, each of which must be for a separate
journey.
In other words go over the water as many times as you like but don't
breakdown more than twice or you will have to pay the full cost of
recovery etc. Pretty useless if you intend to make several trips.
Thanks for making me look at the terms etc in detail. Now I am considering
canceling cover and going with another company for single trip insurance.
C&CC sell this as a good deal not so sure now thou.
Rob

Cheers for that,

So 90 days, come back to dover for a few hours, then another 90 days to stay
out as long as we'd like,

Know about the 2 claims per year thing, for me calling them out will be a
last resort, if i can't fix it my self then it's something major that's gone
wrong (like a piston through the block) we have a scoot on the back, so
going off to get parts is ok, and the van being an iveco, can get parts over
most of europe... at a price of course, but that's iveco for you.

We have no choice of other companies tho, the motorhome being 4.5 tons, over
7 meters long, over 11 years old makes them all say 'no way'

But for a smaller motorhome there are plenty of other breakdown companies
out there, most insurers do a half decent euro breakdown package, mine did,
but when i uprated the chassis to a 4.5 ton version, i went over their 4.25
ton max limit, and they wont budge on the 250 kilo's were over (and that's
just the MAM, the actual weight of the motorhome is around 4.1 tons last
time i checked)

Old May 10th 07, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gazz

"Gazz" wrote in message

"Bobby" wrote in message
Gazz,
I have just renewed my Arrival European cover.
Found in "General Conditions"
You may make as many journeys as you wish during the period of cover but
each journey is limited to 90 days maximum. (What is of more interest)
You may make a maximum of two claims, each of which must be for a
separate journey.

Well, sort of changing our plans a bit now, we may well have 2 x 90 day
trips to europe this year, with an hour or 2 in dover between them,

i.e. when our first 90 days are up, we will come back to england, turn
around and catch the next ferry out, thus starting a fresh 90 days for the
RAC cover, and also a fresh 90 free days with our insurance.

Now if i could find a cheap ferry to the north west of france we'd be all
set, (currently use norfolk line dover to dunkerque, at 39 each way, but
the first 90 days we want to be touring the west coast and the south of
france, second want to tour the old east germany)

So for the first part of the trip, we'd idealy want to go to Cherbourge, but
i can't find a ticket for less than double the norfolk line cost, epsecialy
when we add our dog's ticket to the return journey price.

Anyone know any friendly fishermen on the south of england who would take
our motorhome over for a few cans of lager???

Old June 17th 16, 12:34 PM
emoria emoria is offline
Junior Member

sorry to see someone else in the same boat as me.

We have a year out trip planned for next month in our 1989 american RV, she's 12.5 tonne and 11mtrs in length. Think i've tried over 20 companies now and the RAC on their 90 day trip limit are the only ones who will cover us

The ADAC is Germany said they could do us roadside assistance for 109 euros but recovery would be additional amount depending on where we were and what time of day and day of the week Could be very expensive

Really don't know what to do. Thought I was sorted when the RAC quoted me for their 364 day cover and told me incorrectly that the C&C Club waver the restrictions. After checking with CC Club and going back to the RAC they advised its only the 90 day limit that this covers. Also can only break down 3 times in one year and 1 time per trip....???
Old June 20th 16, 08:26 AM
Rubby_William Rubby_William is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
"Gazz" wrote in message
[...]

So what's the cost for 90 days or per day?