CCC site van thefts

Old July 9th 03, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Lander

Default CCC site van thefts

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message ...
Has anyone read the article in this months CCC magazine, basically 3 vans
.......snip........... ,, does not say

but I suppose that they were stolen from the storage area rather than the
main site.
Stan

Will they have the nerve to name the wheelclamp manufacturer?

Got this response from mag; editor when I asked that same question.

See past issues of Camping and Caravanning. Watch out also
for the August issue, where we have been asked to stress some kind of
pneumatic cropping device was used, not a standard bolt cutter.

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)
http://www.mountainactivitysection.org.uk

Old July 9th 03, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Peter Lander" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .mailgate.org...
"Stan Kirk" wrote in message

Has anyone read the article in this months CCC magazine, basically 3

vans
.......snip........... ,, does not say
but I suppose that they were stolen from the storage area rather than

the
main site.
Stan

Will they have the nerve to name the wheelclamp manufacturer?

Got this response from mag; editor when I asked that same question.

See past issues of Camping and Caravanning. Watch out also
for the August issue, where we have been asked to stress some kind of
pneumatic cropping device was used, not a standard bolt cutter.

If it's one of those things the fire brigade use to cut people out of cars
you've got next to no hope of stopping it. Also, provided they've got a
compressor already fully charged or a suitable high pressure gas bottle,
it'll be virtually silent.

Looks like the pikeys have gone high tech, wonder how they managed to steal
a cutter from a fire engine.

Rgds

Andy R