'Seams' like a problem

Old July 8th 03, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew J Cargill

Default 'Seams' like a problem

Hi all,

I have a Ariel Tunnel 002 that I bought about 10 years ago which has proved
to be a great little 2 man tent until now.

The problem is that the tape sealing the seams is starting to detach itself.

Has anyone out there got any suggestions i.e. can I get replacement tape and
how do I attach it, is it adhesive or do I need heat?

Hope one of you can help,

Andy C.

Old July 8th 03, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Eric Clarke

I got some seam tape at my local camping outlet, on one of the carousels. No
heat but it has to be a dry surface. I warmed the old seams up with a hair
dryer and so far, so good, two seasons, motorhome awning.
Eric

Old July 12th 03, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew J Cargill

"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
I got some seam tape at my local camping outlet, on one of the carousels.

No
heat but it has to be a dry surface. I warmed the old seams up with a hair
dryer and so far, so good, two seasons, motorhome awning.

Tried to get something like that to day but my local supplier did not know
of anything like it. Any suggestions of a brand or supplier?

Old July 23rd 03, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
HN

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:18:48 +0100, "Andrew J Cargill"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Ariel Tunnel 002 that I bought about 10 years ago which has proved
to be a great little 2 man tent until now.

The problem is that the tape sealing the seams is starting to detach itself.

Has anyone out there got any suggestions i.e. can I get replacement tape and
how do I attach it, is it adhesive or do I need heat?

Hope one of you can help,

Andy C.

Hi

I've just recently re-sealed a lot of the seams on my old Vango
Hurricane Alpha. The original seam tapes were starting to peal away,
so I removed the complete lengths which were affected, and re-sealed
with SeamGrip and the accelerator. I just made sure I cleaned off any
residue first, and the result is perfect.

Can't fault the stuff!

Neil