Folding Camper

Old July 11th 03, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

Default Folding Camper

Right all, I know its not a tent but ive acquired a folding camper and the
roof is pretty knackered (Bonair 1020) so the wood needs replacing.

Anyone got any idea what wood I could use and anyone out there ever done
anything like this before??
--
Donegal Paul
http://www.thepilgrimssc.co.uk

Old July 11th 03, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

"CHRIS 159" replied to "Donegal Paul"
Right all, I know its not a tent but ive acquired a folding camper and

the
roof is pretty knackered (Bonair 1020) so the wood needs replacing.

Anyone got any idea what wood I could use and anyone out there ever done
anything like this before??

is it a folding caravan ? is it the interior roof-lining thats gone ?

Yep its a folding caravan. Thats probably more accurate cos its a hard top.
I think that the interior is almost salvagable but the outside and one side
is buggered frankly.

BTW - i want your lamby :-)

Not a chance :-)))

Old July 12th 03, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
^..^ Lone Wolf

"Donegal Paul" wrote in message

Wotcha.

is it a folding caravan ? is it the interior roof-lining thats gone

?

Yep its a folding caravan. Thats probably more accurate cos its a hard

top.
I think that the interior is almost salvagable but the outside and one

side
is buggered frankly.

BTW - i want your lamby :-)

Not a chance :-)))

I take it you will be fitting a towbar to your scooter grin.

^..^
Lone Wolf
http://www.moonshiners.org.uk

Old July 12th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

"CHRIS 159" replied to "Donegal Paul"

AH. you can buy the decor-board from various places if you need any. it
comes in various patterns/colours.
if its the frame-work thats gone that shouldnt be too difficult, just use
lathes from wickes or local wood-yard but try to avoid lengths with knotts
(is that thr right knott ???) in as they just snap in half.
as for the outside you can either contact caravan manufacturers and buy
sheets of pre-coloured ali (various colours) but they are very expensive
(when me an paps rebuilt a caravan from a scrap-yard the sheets were IIRR
about 80 each) or go to an engineering company or steel stock-holders and
buy some ali plate from them. problem with that is painting it - you

'have'
to use self etching primer otherwise the paint will fall off within

months.

thanks Chris, yes I was thinking about using aluminium sheeting, sounds like
the best material to use to me :-)

Old July 13th 03, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
linger

In ,
Donegal Paul spewed the following:

BTW - i want your lamby :-)

Not a chance :-)))

I heard he'd swap it for a zx9r!

--
Linger
CBR 900RR ( The future's bright, the future's orange)

Old July 13th 03, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"linger" wrote in message
In ,
Donegal Paul spewed the following:

BTW - i want your lamby :-)

Not a chance :-)))

I heard he'd swap it for a zx9r!

how much cash do you think he'd want on top ? :-)

Old July 14th 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Donegal Paul

"linger"responded to Donegal Paul

BTW - i want your lamby :-)

Not a chance :-)))

I heard he'd swap it for a zx9r!

never, wellll, no, I was never confused!! :-)