outwell colorado 800

Old July 11th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Daza

Default outwell colorado 800

Mike Davies wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 03:46:40 +0100, "andyneored5"
wrote:

can anyone tell me if this a good tent, it's for a family of four but we
need plenty of room..

have you any pro and cons about this tent

thx

andy

I've just bought a Vango Colorado 600 DLX, sounds like you're going
through the same process I went through, ie, you can't decide between
an Outwell or a Vango!

There's 4 of us as well, and the 600 DLX was my eventual choice on the
basis of the 3 bedrooms and loads of space inside, seems very well
made too and very easy to put up. Slightly cheaper as well, got mine
for 220.

Give me a shout if you've any specific queries, but as I said, it's
big, well made, easy to put up, and packs up small and light, what
more could you need?

Regards,

Mike.

I bought a Vango Colarado 600 DLX for the family (4 of us) at the
beginning of this season and its a great tent. I've been camping for
years and always preferred low profile (2/3man) dome tents which stand
up to 'unexpected' storms better than other types which have a large
side profile so I was bit reluctant when I had to look into a 4/6 man
for the family and all our gear. However the Colarado performed great
in an exposed headland campsite earlier this year when we hit some bad
weather. The tent uses internal bracing which held it solid when other
unfortunates where packing up tents by car headlight. All considered a
well designed tent with bags of room which should see you dry and in
one peice in the morning. Only one disadvantage and that's the pitch
fees on a tent of this size.
Try www.the-outdoorshop.co.uk - 200 & free postage or
www.outdoormegastore.co.uk - 210 & free postage

Darren.