tent trailing

Old July 12th 03, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom[_2_]

Default tent trailing

First, thanks to all those who advised and encouraged us! Just returned
from 10 days near York with the Raclet Solena. Mixed weather but no
regrets! It's at least 25 years since we last camped and haven't things
changed! Gaz cookers and lanterns that light at the click of a switch,
superb C&CC site, friendly reception and spotless facilities. Ten days
site fees for the price of one night's B&B. Camping holidays seem no
longer to be the resort of impoverished holiday makers! There was a lot
of money parked round the site! (Including a visit from 17 German motor
homes in convoy - very jolly sing-song too!)
We did at least manage to set a time of 18 minutes from driving onto the
pitch to sitting down with a cuppa - only when we came to strike camp
did we realise that the time to strike camp had to include packing
everything that came out of the car had to be put back...time to fold
the camper, 5 minutes. Time to unload it first - 2 hours. We'll learn.
We'll also learn not to try to drive off with the jockey wheel still
down. "Wonder what that noise is..?"

--
tom