Aztec Morada or similar

Old July 19th 03, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Graham Seed

Default Aztec Morada or similar

I've done plenty backpack camping but I don't know much about family
tents. I've just had a look at the Aztec Morada on a website and it
seems like the type of design I want, ie, good headroom in the main
living area, with double rooms either side. The groundsheet is
described as woven polythene - anyone have any thoughts on this? ISTR
a cheapo single man tent with this type of grounsheet letting water
through after a year of use. Also, what are the poles like? The cheap
black made-in-china type don't seem to last too long. I'm looking at
about 200ukp so I don't expect best quality, but I'd like to think a
tent would last several seasons accepting the need for reproofing

Graham

Old July 19th 03, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
James Eades

We have a morada and it's great - plenty of space (the bedrooms are wide
enough for a double airbed easily), and the main area is plenty tall enough
to stand in. The poles are nice and sturdy - they don't feel fragile like
some tents I've used.

It's a bit of work to put up - you need 2 people at least, and it takes us
about 25 mins now. The groundsheet we got with it was like a bit
tarpaulin, but we've since bought a second, bigger one as the supplied one
barely covered the middle section.

Ours has survived lotsof rain and has never leaked yet - we bought it
ex-display so it'd seen a lot of weather before we even used it!

James