Camping Gaz party grill

Old July 21st 03, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CampinGazz

Default Camping Gaz party grill

Anyone on here got one of the camping gaz party grills??

i've just bought one, the last one at the local outdoor place and it was the
display model, so it's missing it's box and instructions, firstly anyone
know if the instructions are on-line anywhere, i've heard your supposed to
fill the lower part of the grill with water for certian operations, seems to
be true with the maximum fill lines on the bottom 'pot', but when should i
do the water filled grill thing?? is it just to collect grease? or to
distribute heat more?? (just bought a tent to get away this year while i
wait for the slot at the coachbuilders to begin my next camper van)

Secondly, i can't seem to get it to light, it clicks when you push the knob
in, anyone know where i should see the spark?? i can't figure this peizo
system out, where is the air gap for it to jump??

if someone could tell me where they see the spark on their party grill it
would be a great help.

Cheers
Gazz

Old July 21st 03, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
mandy

Hi
We have the party grill. You fill the base with water when you are grilling
to collect the fat. I am not very technical so can't help with the way it
lights. All I do is turn the knob anti clockwise until I can hear the gas
coming out and then press the knob in. It does take a few goes sometimes.
Hope this helps.

Old July 21st 03, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
mandy

We have used ours for 2 weekends in a row and the cannister is still going.
I think it is supposed to last approx 5 hours. Make sure you lock the
cannister into position, unlike us, otherwise it will fall off when in use!

"mandy" wrote in message
Hi
We have the party grill. You fill the base with water when you are

grilling
to collect the fat. I am not very technical so can't help with the way

it
lights. All I do is turn the knob anti clockwise until I can hear the

gas
coming out and then press the knob in. It does take a few goes

sometimes.
Hope this helps.

That has helped, makes thing clearer now

unfortunately i've figured out that there is a piece missing from the

peizo
assembly, when i got the grill i noticed someone had twizzled the burner
around.. it's not supposed to move, and when they did that they dislodged
what ever transfered the spark to the flame area, and it's lost on the

floor
of downtown garden centre,
so i took it back and got a refund as i had bought the last one in the

shop,
and they aren't getting anymore, typical.

Luckily i know makro are selling them for 25 plus vat, so it works out at
the same price downtown were selling them for (30.. i got it for 25
because of no box) so a trip over to nottingham is iminent if i wan a fry

up
this weekend

out of interest.. how long should i expect one of the 470 cartridges to
last? (i think thats the ones.. the larger of the 2 this grill can take)
i've found on the web it takes 6 minutes to coil a litre of water, so
hopefully that means it dosent use gas at an alarming rate.. but i'm used

a 30 litre lpg tank on my motorhome, where i get about a month of solid

use
from everything running,

I hope to get a few meals out of a gas canister, but i have no idea how

many
minutes/hours they can last.. to how many spares i need to take with me

for
a long weekend away.

Old July 22nd 03, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

CampinGazz wrote:

I hope to get a few meals out of a gas canister, but i have no idea how many
minutes/hours they can last.. to how many spares i need to take with me for
a long weekend away.

We BBQed for for for 8 meals over the weekend , but when the canister
starts to run low the pressure drops alarmingly.

--
Marc
Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc
Old July 22nd 03, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Trevor Patterson

Gazz

Most of your questions have been answered here, my lighter also broke off
after a few months use, I was told that it was a common problem ans the
model was not robust enough to be moved about much, or so the shop I got it
from told me!!

The canisters should last about 5 hours, just beware, not a shops stock them
and I have found prices can vary from 3.29 upwards.

I used mine alot when I first stared camping, but have upgaded to a proper
stove, 7.5kg bottle now as it was much cheaper in the long run.

You may find it usefull to buy a disposable bbq if you have plenty of
cooking to do, look for them in a pound shop, much cheaper than any camping
shop.

REgards

Trevor

--