France - Mediterranean Coast - Recommendations?

Old July 22nd 03, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Birkby

Default France - Mediterranean Coast - Recommendations?

Myself, my wife and our three boys (10, 12 and 14) are going for our
first camping holiday for a week and a half in France, in the middle of
August. We're stopping at a friend's place, between Toulouse and
Carcasonne for the first few days, then we want to spend a week on or
near the coast somewhere.

We've been thinking about somewhere near Narbonne - Camping La Nautique
looks okay. We've also spoken with some friends who're going to Les
Prairies de la Mer at Port Grimaud, which is another 200 or so miles
away but highly recommended by them.

Anyone else got any good recommendations for the French Med area?

/Simon
Old July 22nd 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
klyne

"Simon Birkby" wrote in message
m...
Myself, my wife and our three boys (10, 12 and 14) are going for our
first camping holiday for a week and a half in France, in the middle of
August. We're stopping at a friend's place, between Toulouse and
Carcasonne for the first few days, then we want to spend a week on or
near the coast somewhere.

We've been thinking about somewhere near Narbonne - Camping La Nautique
looks okay. We've also spoken with some friends who're going to Les
Prairies de la Mer at Port Grimaud, which is another 200 or so miles
away but highly recommended by them.

Anyone else got any good recommendations for the French Med area?

Simon

We have stayed at Prairies de la Mer on several occasions. One thing we have
noticed over the years has been the increase in the number of mobiles which
is removing many of the tourist pitches. Having said that it is in an
excellent position, right on the beach. The last couple of times we have
stayed at Port Grimaud we have used the site next door, Camping de la Plage
which suits us more because it tends to be quieter. You can read about both
sites on my web site. www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk Look at the Travels in
Europe section 10 Weeks in France, look at the site review section and
finally under help and information look at the last part of the Route South.

David - Milton Keynes