Damping near Dijon?

Old July 24th 03, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
klyne

Default Damping near Dijon?

"Adrian" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a good campsite somewhere near Dijon for a 1-night stop
on the way to Italy? Ideally somewhere quiet for a small 3-man tent. Not
concerned exactly where - up to about 50 miles either north or south of
Dijon is where I expect we'd get to, but would rather not deviate too far
off to the east or west.

One final question - we're planning on staying at a campsite in Cogne near
Gran Paradiso, as planning to climb it as a warm up before Monte Rosa and
others. Has anyone any experiance of campsites in Cogne?

Cheers,

Adrian

Check out 'The Route South' on my web site. www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk

David - Milton Keynes

Old July 27th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian[_2_]

David,

Thanks - that's really useful. I've printed out 3 near Dijon so fingers
crossed we'll be able to fit into one. Expecting to arrive around 5ish and
with only a car and a small tent so I'm hopeful they'll be able to sqeeze us
in for one night, even if it will be early August...

Cheers again,
Adrian

Old July 27th 03, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
klyne

David,

Thanks - that's really useful. I've printed out 3 near Dijon so fingers
crossed we'll be able to fit into one. Expecting to arrive around 5ish

and
with only a car and a small tent so I'm hopeful they'll be able to sqeeze

us
in for one night, even if it will be early August...

Cheers again,

Adrian

Glad you find it useful. Just a word of warning, its unlikely that you would
be able to get into the site at Beaune at that time of day as it gets very
busy from mid afternoon. Have a good holiday.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports

Old July 31st 03, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian[_2_]

Thanks again, David. As it's only a quick overnight stop I won't be too
worried if we don't get into the best campsite... just as long as we get in
one!

Cheers,
Adrian

"klyne" wrote in message

David,

Thanks - that's really useful. I've printed out 3 near Dijon so fingers
crossed we'll be able to fit into one. Expecting to arrive around 5ish

and
with only a car and a small tent so I'm hopeful they'll be able to

sqeeze
us
in for one night, even if it will be early August...

Cheers again,

Adrian

Glad you find it useful. Just a word of warning, its unlikely that you

would
be able to get into the site at Beaune at that time of day as it gets very
busy from mid afternoon. Have a good holiday.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site reports