gas cooker problem

Old July 29th 03, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
sPoNiX[_2_]

Default gas cooker problem

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:25:09 +0100, "jon" jonajunaAThotmailDOTcom
wrote:

hiya

i have a small problem?! i have one of those briefcase type fold up camp
stoves, the type with 2 rings on top and a grill under.

have used it frequently for several years with no problem.

this weekend though we were about to use both rings to cook (the kettle only
needs the one!!) but the flame nearest the gas inlet produced a big and
yellow flame...not the nice clear blue one we are used to (and was getting
on the other ring no problem)

Sounds like the air hole(s) are blocked.

Try cleaning the burner with a suede brush or if you can see blocked
holes clear them with a cocktail stick.

sPoNiX