Pentewan sands & sandy balls

Old July 29th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Sarah Hodge

Default Pentewan sands & sandy balls

LOL
ooeerr missus!!

It is a great name isn't it. I can't help but smile when people ask me where
I am going for my holidays.

"rifleman" wrote in message
In article , sh003c8265
@bluyonder.co.uk says...
Hi everyone

I am heading towards my big summer holiday and wondering if anyone has
anything to offer on either of the sites that I will be staying on.
My first week in being spent at Pentewan sands in Mevagissey, and the

second
week at Sandy balls in the new forest.

Also any suggestion for days out while in the areas will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sarah

I'm disappointed! I thought from the subject, we were going to be
entertained with a raunchy sea-side story!
--
(I may be wrong...I usually am....)
Google is your Friend

Old July 30th 03, 01:33 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian Rothery

"Sarah Hodge" wrote in message
LOL
ooeerr missus!!

It is a great name isn't it. I can't help but smile when people ask me

where
I am going for my holidays.

IIRC it was named in an age when gay meant 'cheerfulness and lighthearted
excitement' and the PC people hadn't interfered with the golly on jam jars.

You can understand why they haven't changed the name to avoid the obvious
double entender though.

Sorry I can't help with the OT, but the subject title was sure to invoke a
discussion about that site's name.
Adrian.

Old July 31st 03, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Sarah Hodge

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for that, my six year old son would love the cars, maybe I won't
mention the ghost or I'll have both the kids up all night!

Having only ever been to the new forest once for a couple of hours, I'm
really looking forward to exploring the area.

Best wishes

Sarah

"Jonathan Stafford" wrote in message
Hi Sarah

My one reccommendation for a day out in Hampshire would be Beaulieu Motor
Museum. Whether you are into cars or not it really is fascinating. As

well
as the museum itself you can get to go round the stately home (do take the
private apartments tour) and the gardens are really lovely too. See if

you
smell lavender on the first floor. If you do you are in the presence of a
ghost. Just driving round the New Forest is also a great day out.
Beautiful villages and of course the ponies. Have a great trip.

Jonathan