campsite not too far from birmingham

Old August 5th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Goofy

Default campsite not too far from birmingham

"Leedons" near Broadway. Excellent site, good facilities. Outdoor heated
pool.

"Bryn" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all

Im looking for a campsite thats not too far from birmingham, upto 50 miles
in any direction but pref south

reason: I want to go over the bank holiday and dont want to go too far and
get caught in traffic!

the site needs to allow a little bit of noise etc as we tend to go in a
group of six couple.

the last site was shell island and that was perfect! similar place needed
but closer

any ideas?

cheers

Old August 6th 03, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
KarlJ

Remember wherever you go during a bank holiday it is a good idea to
book first

Dont know to many sites 50 miles from birmingham, lets face it, living
in the midlands (im in cannock) you have to get out of the traffic
more than go through it.
There is a C&CC site a few miles away from me cannock chase, might be
worth ringing up about.
Other than that you could always hog it down to Brean, about 120 miles
but it is all M5 apart from the last 6 miles.

"Goofy" wrote in message ...
"Leedons" near Broadway. Excellent site, good facilities. Outdoor heated
pool.

.. .

Old August 16th 03, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Geoff J

"Goofy" wrote in message
"Leedons" near Broadway. Excellent site, good facilities. Outdoor heated
pool.

Flippin' eck. is that place still going. We used to go there when I was a
kid. Not been for over 20 years.....it was excellent then. I remember the
shop selling pork scratchings and being able to buy scrumpy cider near
by....happy day.

Geoff