wanted urgently - 1/2" fibreglass shock poles

Old August 6th 03, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
john

Default wanted urgently - 1/2" fibreglass shock poles

Hi

I have a LL.Bean woodland shelter that look a bit of a hammering during a
gale last August whilst on the Dingle Pennisual (sw Ireland). This was when
the whole of Europe was flooded out, what a great time to go to
Ireland.......

anyway the storm broke 2 or 3 of the poles (which takes some doing) and I
need to obtain replacements. LL.Bean in the US can get them to me in 3 weeks
but i need them sooner!!

Does anyone know where I could obtain poles of this size from?

failing that, I will have to make do with 9.5mm for the time being.

btw: This shelter is really good for sitting outside in, i would recommend
it. except for use in Ireland that is but the wind was VERY silly and tore
apart virtually every tent on the site, incluing our old Kyham via-a-vis.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Search&feat=sr

u have to pay import tax tho :-(

thanks

John

Old August 6th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Drew[_2_]

john wrote:
[...]

These are a little smaller but may do the job.....

http://tinyurl.com/dnn9

HTH
Drew.