Trailer Fridge Box ((Cheap) Alternatives to)

Old August 6th 03, 05:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping
Chris Holmes

Default Trailer Fridge Box ((Cheap) Alternatives to)

(Chris Holmes) wrote in message . com...
I think I saw a rather sad one (Filing Cabinet) here the other day I shall go for a prowl round the site.

Turned out to be a 4 drawer and it would have taken quite a lot of
modifying to do the job. I have managed to find a second hand unit
for 90, which I think i'll probably go for,However, for those who
come Google-ing after, and don't want to spend the money that conway,
sunncamp,cabanon etc charge for their new units I did discover the
following on an old Conway forum.....

stevehardy
Unregistered User
(2/21/02 8:46 pm)
Reply Fridge box
If anyone wants a real cheap fridge box give Wheelhouse a ring ,they
are a company in hounslow and they have contico tuff boxes going at
about 20.00 they donnt do mail order though phone number is 02085
703501 It measures 37"x21"x20"

Ian
Unregistered User
(2/27/02 10:06 pm)
Reply Front box
Further to previous posts I used a Contico Tuff Crate which cost c
20. Haven't seen them in ANY of the DIY multiples lately, but as a
Mgr of one of the larger DIY outlets I have to say that this is the
type of thing we get in from time to time as a "Special Purchase" -
rather than a regular all year round stock line. Contico are based in
Cornwall, tel 01209 315222/fax 01209 313297 & I am sure would advise
of stockists in your locality.
I mounted mine on a Dexion (imagine large meccano) frame which
attaches to trailer front and drawbar with three bolts - stays rock
steady, but on arrival at site detaches inside of 5 mins so I can
refit jockey wheel to aid manoeuvering of fully laden outfit.