Tent & Trailer NOT Trailer tent

Old August 10th 03, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
trublatmill

Default Tent & Trailer NOT Trailer tent

I used to own a caravan, but gave it up when it started to get expensive.
Have now bought a large dome tent for a family of four (tent sleeps 8+ in 3
bedrooms) and am looking to be able to travel around with everything in a
trailer behind the car, rather than fill the car up.

Can anyone help with ideas as to the minimum and best size trailer (and
actual model would be useful) I will need to carry tent, camping cooker, gas
bottle, collapsable table and chairs, small fridge (possibly), wind breaks,
kids toys, kitchen sink etc. without stacking it all too high, but also
without spending much more than about 400.

Thanks
Chris

Old August 11th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dave B[_2_]

trublatmill wrote:

Can anyone help with ideas as to the minimum and best size trailer .......... but also
without spending much more than about 400.

The 'Daxara' range of trailers is excellent. Not the cheapest but built
to last + safe to travel on motorways at speed. I have the Daxara
156/13P which has removable front and tail gates, carries 650 Kgs, has
hydraulic shock absorbers (indespension), an 'A' frame drawbar & 13 inch
road wheels and a tipping action. I have run this trailer for around 6
years for camping + lots more, without a hitch (pun intended :-)) and
I'm glad I bit the bullet and shelled out 450 UKPs for it. It is
'industrial' strength compared with the other trailers I considered
(Halfords, that french make I can never remember the name of, etc).

I applied the same principle I use when buying tools ....... good money
on quality tools is never a waste, buy cheap 'n' nasty and I'll always
regret it.

Happy trailing, Dave B
(remove 'yourpants' to email, if you get my drift)

Old August 12th 03, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
4 u

I use the largest thule roof box, stays on the car all summer with kit in

tent, chairs, stove, bbq, table, sleeping bags etc

Old September 2nd 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
G.M.T.

"Roger Woods" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:26:48 +0100, "trublatmill"
wrote:

I used to own a caravan, but gave it up when it started to get expensive.
Have now bought a large dome tent for a family of four (tent sleeps 8+ in

3
bedrooms) and am looking to be able to travel around with everything in a
trailer behind the car, rather than fill the car up.

Can anyone help with ideas as to the minimum and best size trailer (and
actual model would be useful) I will need to carry tent, camping cooker,

gas
bottle, collapsable table and chairs, small fridge (possibly), wind

breaks,
kids toys, kitchen sink etc. without stacking it all too high, but also
without spending much more than about 400.

Thanks
Chris

Hi
I have middle range one from Halfords 200 and its o.k. BUT no matter
how large you will still fill it up to the brim and the car and a bit
more.

))

Roger

Oh, how true!!

G.M.T.

Old September 2nd 03, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
G.M.T.

"Dave B" wrote in message
trublatmill wrote:

[...]

Daxara trailers are in fact virtually identical to the trailers you can buy
from Halfords (Erde). They are made in the same factory near Dijon in France
and the only difference is that the Daxara has improved suspension (shock
absorbers). Most of the accessories fir both the Erde and Daxara ranges of
trailers.

G.M.T.