South East Advice

Old August 19th 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C[_2_]

Default South East Advice

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:01:18 +0100, Drew
wrote:
KerenHarlow wrote:
We are looking for a campsite for a family break some where in the south
east of England, we would like to be close to a good sandy beach for the
children. Obviously we would like a good quality campsite to suit a family
with children between the ages of 5 and 10. Any advice would be much
appreciated.

The camping and caravan club site at Normans Bay is good (use the site
finder on www.campingandcaravanclub.co.uk )

Except Normans Bay has a pebbly beach. The nearest sand is Camber. I
don't know where the pebbles stop if going in a westerly direction, I know
Brighton is all pebbles but beyond that I don't know. Heading east,
Eastbourne, Pevensey, Bexhill, Hastings, Rye (actually, Rye is now
inland rather than on the coast) are all pebbles. I wouldn't advocate
camping in Camber though... have you seen The Leage of Gentlemen -
Camber could well be twinned with Royston Vasey (are you local? etc.).

Nice and close to the fantastic blue flag beaches at Normans bay and
camber sands......

I can vouch for the water in the area though. You can actually *see*
through it. That was a new experience for me; I've never been able to
see through the water off an English beach before... still tastes bad
though.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old August 19th 03, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
XRchris

Nice and close to the fantastic blue flag beaches at Normans bay and
camber sands......

I can vouch for the water in the area though. You can actually *see*
through it. That was a new experience for me; I've never been able to
see through the water off an English beach before... still tastes bad
though.

Possibly due to the irradiation from nearby Dungeness nuclear power
station??
Do the fish glow in the dark too??

(Erm excuse me while i remove tongue from cheek).

Old August 20th 03, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:54:17 +0100, XRchris
wrote:

Nice and close to the fantastic blue flag beaches at Normans bay and
camber sands......

I can vouch for the water in the area though. You can actually *see*
through it. That was a new experience for me; I've never been able to
see through the water off an English beach before... still tastes bad
though.

Possibly due to the irradiation from nearby Dungeness nuclear power
station??
Do the fish glow in the dark too??

Yes, but only those that've swum west. Dungeness is 'down-wind' of the
tidal drift (I don't know what it's called but there is a current
running west - east so anything from Dungeness will be down stream of
Camber).

Anyway, what more could you want? Sun, sea, sand and great architecture!
;^)

--
Justin C, by the sea.