Campsites in Hawkeshead

« test | Mull »

Old September 2nd 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Spanner[_2_]

Default Campsites in Hawkeshead

Hi,

I am trying to remember the names of two sites just outside Hawksehead.

I know the "Croft" but on the way out to the Outgate pub there was a basic
site on the righthand side and then a bit further was another one on the
left, does anyone know the names of these sites?

Thanks

Old September 3rd 03, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Spanner[_2_]

Which is the Outgate pub? If it's heading away from Hawshead
village then the basic campsite on the right (same side as
Croft) didn't seem to have a name. That's assuming you mean the
farm where the farmer comes round in the morning with his
milkman style 'satchel' to collect the money; gets bored with
adding it up halfway through the calculation and ends up
charging everyone a fiver per person or a tenner per group :-)
Wonderful place!
--

Fran

Hi Fran,

Thats the place, is it still there??

Thanks

Tony

Old September 3rd 03, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran[_3_]

Spanner said...
That's assuming you mean the
farm where the farmer comes round in the morning with his
milkman style 'satchel' to collect the money; gets bored with
adding it up halfway through the calculation and ends up
charging everyone a fiver per person or a tenner per group :-)
Wonderful place!

Hi Fran,

Thats the place, is it still there??

Thanks

Ho yuss. I discovered it at the end of May this year, during my
children's half term holiday. Would I go there again? You bet
I would! :-)
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however

« test | Mull »