Peebles area

Old September 12th 03, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
MP

Default Peebles area

"MP" wrote in message news:...
We are thinking of a camping trip (the Wednesday after this bank hols) up

boarder area around Peebles, Innerleithen area, could anyone tell me if
there is good walking in the area? I have the OS outdoor leisure 44 map

but
as usual with maps of Scotland it only shows long distance paths and not
public footpaths in the obvious green, making it a bit difficult to asses
the walking potential of the river and especially Hundleshope Heights

areas.
Any recommendations on campsites with good toilet and showers, preferably
with a pub near by would be very welcome.

Also posted on uk.rec.walking.

Thanks,

MP

I have just realised I did not update those kind enough to give advise on
walking and camping in and around Peebles. I am sad to say things did not go
according to plan and we did not make it to Peebles, but had to settle for a
few days in Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales instead and pleasant they where to.
Disappointed as I was not to get up to Peebles we had some good days out in
and around Hawes, but those that helped with advice with Peebles can rest
assured I will be trying my best to make it one of my first camping trips
next year.

Thanks again for the advice,

MP