Vango TBS Micro 100

Old September 13th 03, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy[_2_]

Default Vango TBS Micro 100

Hi

Has anyone used the Vango TBS Micro 100 tent? We do a fair bit of
'comfortable' camping in a larger tent but I am hankering after my solo
backpacking youth! This tent seems well specified for the price.

Any opinions re. problems or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Old September 14th 03, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy P

"Andy" wrote

Has anyone used the Vango TBS Micro 100 tent? We do a fair bit of
'comfortable' camping in a larger tent but I am hankering after my solo
backpacking youth! This tent seems well specified for the price.

Haven't any experience of the Micro 100 but just thought I'd mention there
are a few solo tents out there that weigh a few hundred grammes less if
weight is a priority for you. Eg. MSR Zoid 1, Hilleberg Akto (very
expensive), North Face Mountain Marathon (limited headroom) & Sierra Designs
Light Year CD are the ones I can remember. All 1500 to 1600g compared to
2kg apparently for the Micro 100 if you can believe manufacturers and
catalogue weights for anything. I have the Sierra Designs one and think it's
excellent so long as you don't need a huge porch. Or for a weight of 2kg
you can get a Pro Action solo tent from Argos which is all but identical to
the Sierra Designs one and is an absolute bargain for 30.

Old September 15th 03, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

"Andy P" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote

Has anyone used the Vango TBS Micro 100 tent? We do a fair bit of
'comfortable' camping in a larger tent but I am hankering after my solo
backpacking youth! This tent seems well specified for the price.

I have a micro 100....great tent. Plenty of room for one, with a reasonable
porch. It is much better than the larger versions of this tent as you sleep
horizontal to the pole so no flappy tent material in your face! It copes
with pretty foul weather. I tend not to bother with the tension bands unless
it is windy....fine without so far, but best to use them when it is blowing.

I am sure there are lighter tents, but not for 90.

The headroom is good and you can sit to read Condensation is not a problem,
but it is not too cold a tent either.

Julie

Old September 15th 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_3_]

"Julie Meikle" wrote in message

"Andy P" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote

[...]

You can get this tent for 60 from Wildday:

http://www.wildday.co.uk/acatalog/Wi...ents_117.html#
aVMICRO100

Andrew