Double Burner Paraffin Stove.

Old September 24th 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

Default Double Burner Paraffin Stove.

Was a double burner fold up camping stove ever made ?

Optimus made the 22B, but that if I recall correctly used Coleman type
fuel or unleaded petrol.

I realise Coleman still make a dual burner stove that folds into its own
box, but that uses Coleman fuel.

If possible I would like a paraffin stove for autumn\winter use, paraffin
being easier to find than Coleman fuel.

Stuart.
Old September 24th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French[_2_]

In message , Stuart
Robinson writes
Was a double burner fold up camping stove ever made ?

I realise Coleman still make a dual burner stove that folds into its own
box, but that uses Coleman fuel.

If possible I would like a paraffin stove for autumn\winter use, paraffin
being easier to find than Coleman fuel.

You don't need to run the Coleman stove on Coleman fuel. We have one, we
run it on unleaded petrol (which is what is also designed for) with no
problem at all.
--
Chris French

Old September 24th 03, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
^..^ Lone Wolf

"Stuart Robinson" wrote in message
. uk...

Wotcha.

Was a double burner fold up camping stove ever made ?

Indeed. A friend of mine has one - he's away in Ireland at the moment,
but I'll try and find out what make it is when he gets back.

Cheers.

--
- -
^..^ Lone Wolf.

Old September 24th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

You don't need to run the Coleman stove on Coleman fuel. We have one,
we run it on unleaded petrol (which is what is also designed for) with
no problem at all.

My own experience of using a Coleman 'duel fuel' stove ( a Peak 1 ) is
that when the third burner tube clogged, I threw it away.

The Coleman Double Burner stoves look OK, they are not expensive, and I
bet they are fairly powerful. However to get the reliability out of them,
I suspect you have to use the Coleman Fuel Only.

Hence I would much prefer a paraffin stove.

Stuart.
Old September 24th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

Cheers.

Stuart.
Old September 24th 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

I've only ever run mine on unleaded, with no problems to date.

Not that you really wanted to know that :-)

How long have you had it and how much have you used it ?

Stuart.
Old September 25th 03, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

Stuart Robinson wrote:

I've only ever run mine on unleaded, with no problems to date.

Not that you really wanted to know that :-)

How long have you had it and how much have you used it ?

Mine since 1994, up to 20 weekends a year, I'm on my third generator.

--
Marc
Please note this is now a redudant email address.
Old September 25th 03, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

tvm

Stuart.