Newbie needs new pole elastic

Old October 8th 03, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David[_2_]

Default Newbie needs new pole elastic

Hi

My 'new' old dome tent is suffering from broken elastic in one of it's
poles, which therefore needs replacing. Is the elastic standard
stuff, presumably obtainable from camping suppliers, or do I need to
specify it (I guess if I pick the wrong grade the poles might not
assemble properly?). Can anyone suggest where I can easily get it
from online or by phone - I have no camping outlet near my home.

Thanks a lot

Old October 8th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_3_]

I bought replacement elastic in my local camping shop for 1.50 per metre.
Replacement is simply a matter of tying a knot in one end of the elastic,
threading the unknotted end through the pole sections, assembling the
sections, pulling the excess elastic through so it is slightly stretched and
then tying the end off.
Try www.towsure.co.uk or www.outdoorexperience.co.uk for online supplies.

Andrew

om...