trailer tent advice

Old October 9th 03, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
mike k

Default trailer tent advice

been camping a few times in an elderly shed of a Transit. Decided to
get rid as it's falling apart, but now been offered a used, but good
condition Trigano trailer tent. I've read quite a lot of the posts on
the NG, but only seem to have seen posts relating to Conway tents.
Anyone had any experience with a Trigano

TIA
--

Mike K
==

Old October 9th 03, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Goofy

Conway and Pennine are the leaders in trailer tents.

Depends on age, condition, size, build quality as to what it's worth.

Old October 10th 03, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Goofy wrote:

Conway and Pennine are the leaders in trailer tents.

Depends on age, condition, size, build quality as to what it's worth.

Conway and Pennine are the same company (!). Trigano are French (I think
they are with Jamet) and are stable and are of decent quality - by
reputation.

I suggest you contact the UK Owner's club - a bit of googling should turn it
up.
Old October 10th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Goofy

As Paul points out, Conway and Pennine are now the same, but they weren't
always! - Depends on the age of the trailer tent you're looking for...
We've had a Pennine Aztec - sleeps 4 ok, inside kitchen - was fine, but this
year moved up to a Conway Tardis (nice name!) sleeps upto 6, hard roof,
wind-up, inside kitchen with fitted fridge, lights, etc...

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...

Old October 10th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
mike k

Goofy wrote:

Conway and Pennine are the leaders in trailer tents.

Depends on age, condition, size, build quality as to what it's worth.

Conway and Pennine are the same company (!). Trigano are French (I think
they are with Jamet) and are stable and are of decent quality - by
reputation.

I suggest you contact the UK Owner's club - a bit of googling should turn

it

up.

Thanks for the replies. We decided to go & have another close look at
it this afternoon. About 2 years old. Everything seems OK - trailer
chassis looks solid, no sign of rust/damage. Opened the main unit out-
no sign of tears or damage to zips. Didn't put the awning up, but had a
look at it unfolded - no apparent damage but some stains (looked like
someone had muddy hands when folding it up). Anyway, decided to buy it.
The seller's keeping it in storage for us for a little while (haven't
even got a towbar sorted out for the car yet). Having only limited
experience with small tents, I was surprised by the thickness of the
material. Should keep out the draughts. Did try a google search for an
owner's club, but only thing I found was a Benimar owner's club & note
that they'd been taken over by Trigano. If anyone knows of a club
perhaps they could reply to the group or email me with a web address.

Looking forward to happy camping.
--

Mike K
==