eisure Battery Charger

Old July 9th 03, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Default eisure Battery Charger

Thank you both for your replies my charger is actually switching on and
charging but it seems to be that when the half charged light comes on it
will not carry on to full charge as it did before no matter how long it is
left on. I even put a second battery on to see if it was my original one
that was going down but that's the same I am using an Elecsol 120 amp
battery, after standing for 24 hours it reads12.8v which seems about right
for a fully charged battery.but if that's the case then the charging lights
are incorrect.
And referring to your problem of the lights going out they have never done
this in the 2 years I have had this battery and charger,but it did exactly
that last night so I switched it off then back on again an hour later and it
has charged all night no problem.But the charger does alter its charge rate
to a very low charge which to all intents and purposes seems like it has
shut down that is normal if you put a digital voltmeter across it you will
find that it is still charging but at a much slower rate
"Rich" wrote in message

I have one of these Guardian chargers.It has had quite a bit of use in

three or four months I've had it. has yours stopped working altogether, or
does it keep cutting out? How is It playing up?

Thought mine had packed up a couple of times but it hadn't.After a while
during the first stage of the charging sequence on a well run down

mine seems to cut its self out, first time it happened I even tried

the fuse. I then noticed if you left it alone it came back on again after
half an hour or so. Presumably it is switched off by a thermostat to

over heating, the L.E.D lights go out, apart from the one telling you the
battery is connected and there is no current at the terminals. The
instructions supplied with it don't tell you this and I couldn't find a
website or anything either to confirm this is the case.

Old July 9th 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

I don't know anything about your specific charger, but it may be that it is
a three stage charger (Bulk, Equalise and Float) and the middle "equalise"
stage is faulty. Check the documentation that came with it