eisure Battery Charger

Old July 9th 03, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Derek

Default eisure Battery Charger

Hi Paul no that is not the case in towsures case they are talking about the
rate of charge as if you charge any battery to fast you will eventually
damage the plates, a leisure battery is charged at different rates during
the cycle normal car chargers are usually charged at the same voltage but
cycling on and of.
"Paul B" wrote in message
On Towsures web page they state (note it is recommended that a caravan
battery is only charged with a charger that gives out a charge of no more
than 10% of the batteries ampage.) Surly that means most chagers are
acceptable!
"Derek" wrote in message
I have a Guardian/Selmar leisure charger which has started playing up

does
anyone Know how to get in touch with them,failing that does anyone know

of
decent leisure charger.
There ane none in the Caravan mags and seem to be elusive in the shops

TIA.
Derek

Old July 14th 03, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Smith

If you do need a leisure charger- a couple of weeks ago I shopped around on
the net and couldnt find one cheaper than the 38 I paid in Halfords. A
couple of people in this group have used the same make and were pleased with
it. I like it up to now.
Dave

Old July 14th 03, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
foreverArsenal

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
: If you do need a leisure charger- a couple of weeks ago I shopped around
on
: the net and couldnt find one cheaper than the 38 I paid in Halfords. A
: couple of people in this group have used the same make and were pleased
with
: it. I like it up to now.
: Dave

Argos do one for all types 25

--
Barry
If it ain't broke-don't fix it

/\ ~ /}
( ' o' )
( (,)

Old July 15th 03, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Smith

I may be wrong but I dont think that the Argos charger is an 'intelligent'
type where it is designed to be left connected to the battery to keep it
fully charged. A normal charger apparantly boils the plates in the battery.

Dave