Alko aks1300

Old July 10th 03, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn Clark

Default Alko aks1300

Hi All,

Just purchasing my first caravan and want to fit an aks1300 stabiliser, can
anyone tell me what's involved with fitting it to the caravan never having
done this before.

Thanks

Glenn

Old July 10th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Evans

Glenn

It is quite easy as I have managed to do this myself, and I am no
expert! The only thing to really watch for is the brake damper. When
you remove the bolts that hold the original hitch in place you MUST be
sure to retain the damper in place. If the aks 1300 is supplied new it
will have a "drift" (?) to push/bang in to the hole that is left
behind once one of the bolts is removed. You can then remove the other
bolt and fit the new hitch by replacing the bolts in reverse order.

Just follow the instructions to the letter and allow time to do it. It
should only take 10/15 mins.

Good Luck
Peter