Single lady considering a motor home

Old July 3rd 03, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gelligron

Default Single lady considering a motor home

I am a single woman in her fifties and am seriously considering venturing into
the world of motor home ownership. One slight problem is cash! I would not be
able to afford both a car and a motor home so would need a smaller motor home
which could also be used as a normal car would. I have looked at magazines and
the net and I seem to favour the Wheelhome Daneste but would be open to
suggestions. Have any of you seasoned travellers out there any views on this
idea?
I am also wondering if you have any tips on security for a woman who will often
be travelling alone. Is there a book out there, entitled something like "an
idiot's guide to motor homes for the newbie"?????
thanks in anticipation
Jean
Old July 3rd 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Gelligron" wrote in message
I am a single woman in her fifties and am seriously considering venturing

into
the world of motor home ownership. One slight problem is cash! I would not

be
able to afford both a car and a motor home so would need a smaller motor

home
which could also be used as a normal car would. I have looked at magazines

and
the net and I seem to favour the Wheelhome Daneste but would be open to
suggestions. Have any of you seasoned travellers out there any views on

this
idea?

If you get one that's under 6 ft tall and under 6' 6" wide you can use it
like a car with very few probs.

I am also wondering if you have any tips on security for a woman who will

often
be travelling alone.

..
The RAC have a device you can fit in the car which you press in the event of
an emergency. It uses GPS to tell the operator where you are and has voice
communication built in., see
http://www.rac.co.uk/travelservices/raclive/trackstar

Also pepper spray, illegal in the UK but can be easily bought from the US on
the net

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 15th 03, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
terence simpson

Hi Jean
Have you considered a bambi they are a bit old now but many of them about we
have a quite few single ladies in the bambi owners club re security my only
comment is common sense if you find a book please let me know cause im still
learning after 14 years good luck with your search and many happy years of
motorhoming

regards
Terry