ferry.co.uk

Old July 10th 03, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ralph

Default ferry.co.uk

I've tried www.ferry.co.uk as mentioned on this newsgroup but I find that
when I select "motorhome" it still asks for make and model of car and
doesn't give me the height and length boxes.
Mail to the site feedback is useless (they suggested that I check for
hyphens in my username!) Can anybody suggest what the problem might be as it
obviously works Ok for the rest of you.

Ralph

Old July 11th 03, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Dont understand your problem, but am currently in France having just used
the service and think its worth you making the phone calls.

11 metre m/home complete with car on tow - 2 adults, 2 children on an open
ticket crossing at sensible times - 205 - I reckon that is fairly
unbeatable.

"CampinGazz" wrote in message

"Ralph" wrote in message
I've tried www.ferry.co.uk as mentioned on this newsgroup but I find

that
when I select "motorhome" it still asks for make and model of car and
doesn't give me the height and length boxes.
Mail to the site feedback is useless (they suggested that I check for
hyphens in my username!) Can anybody suggest what the problem might be

as
it
obviously works Ok for the rest of you.

Probably your computer isn't storing the cookies properly, usualy due to

an
anti intrusion software being operative,
when ever i needed to book ferries or check prices with the firms that use
those kinds of on-line forms, i had to turn the internet privacy controlls
off, otherwise it would do as you say,

Otherwise, e-mail them again and say you want to book a crossing, but

can't
because their site dosent work with your computer (remember the people on
the other end will be clerks, trained to read from a manual when things go
wrong, hence they can only give pretty useless replies, as per the book,

you
dont get anyone with any technical knowlage on these help lines nowadays)
But they should allow you to book by phone, or at least give you a quote

via
e-mail which you can take up by phone as if you were booking on the web
where the prices are cheaper.

I wanted to book last years crossing with the caravan clubs ferry booking
service, tried on-line, and motorhome would only display upto 1.8 meters
high,
i e-mailed them the details i wanted to enter, and they came back with
prices for the corssings i wanted, (145 for a 6 meter long, 2.8 meter

high
motorhome, upto 3 month return, going in september, via norfolk line
dunkirque crossing, out and back on the 4:15 sailing only.. was the

cheapest
quote at that time)

Old July 12th 03, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy_R

"AH" wrote in message
Dont understand your problem, but am currently in France having just used
the service and think its worth you making the phone calls.

11 metre m/home complete with car on tow - 2 adults, 2 children on an open
ticket crossing at sensible times - 205 - I reckon that is fairly
unbeatable.

I paid 219 for a return for my camper in August which I booked in February.
I now find on this website I can get on exactly the same ferry for 53 each
way.

I know what I'm doing next year.

Rgds

Andy R