warning speed camera

Old August 7th 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andrewr At Work

Default warning speed camera

"Champ" wrote in message

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:57:56 +0000 (UTC), "Andrewr At Work"
wrote:

[3] Out of interest, does anybody else in ukrm try for "sets" of
speeding, i.e. trying to do double the limit for each speed limit
(30,40,50,60,70)? I'm still trying to get the full set for "Indicated
100mph _over_ the limit" - I've done 130 in a 30, 140 in a 40 and 160 in
an NSL, but I can't quite get manage to get an indicated 170 out of my
bike[4]. Also I can't find a 50 limit that is really suitable for 150.

Hmm. I've never consciously gone for the set, but I'm sure I've done
the 30 and 40 ones, and I know I've done the 60 and 70.

The 50 is an odd one - there's loads of 50 limits being applied to
what were previously proper NSL A roads, so it should be pretty easy.
If you've got a properly fast bike, of course :-)

The downgrading to 50 thing seems to be more common further South,
although Derbyshire seems to be rife with it.

Off the top of my head I can't think of that many roads up here that
have been affected.

OTOH there is actually a route round my way that gives you the chance to
do 130, 140, 160 and 170 in a fairly direct route[1].

Of course, on my bike there is the problem that although it gets up to
150 fairly quickly it takes a loooong time to get from 150 to 160 and
taking it to 168[2] you run the risk of dying of old age before it gets
there[3].

[1] For Eddie, and other locals, head out of Mickley in an Easterly
direction, 140 in the 40 limit down to the Badger roundabout, over
Prudhoe bridge[5], up to Horsley and then 160 along the road from
Horsely to Heddon. Onto the A69 at Heddon and up to 170, off the A69 at
Throckley, over Throckley bridge and 130 along through the industrial
estate - job done.
[2] The fastest I've seen on the clock.
[3] On the plus side that does suggest that the speedo is fairly
accurate at these speeds, since most of the bike mags claim a genuine
165ish from the 6R[4] and 'Superbikes' claimed to have gotten a genuine
170 from one.#
[4] Pre-636 model.
[5] Possibility for 110 in a 10mph limit, if you have a litre bike and
either very, very good brakes or a cavalier disregard to overshooting a
give way junction.

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1

Old August 7th 03, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Depresion

"Andrewr At Work" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .mailgate.org...

165ish from the 6R[4] and 'Superbikes' claimed to have gotten a genuine
170 from one.#

6R[4]? Isn't that a metro?