warning speed camera

Old August 7th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Martin Imber

Default warning speed camera

Never mind the boy racers, you've fallen in with ukrm[1]; we can get a
500 post thread out of just about any topic you imagine and we hate
speed cameras even more than the boy racers[2]

I hate them as well - revenue cameras

OTOH we probably hate caravans less than the boy racers, because we
don't have to sit in 3 mile tail-backs behind them, screaming, "Get a
decent job so you can afford a proper holiday, you pikey *******!".

I don't cause hold ups - get a decent tow car - ie big engine!!!! I can
cruise at 70 no problem!

I don't think we have an offical ukrm stance on burglars yet, but we
probably hate them less than speed cameras.

Not when they steal your bikes

I had a GP100 (sporty one - disc brake - 85mph courtesy of Micron and a lot
of filing) hot wired but they fried the fuse - little police interest.

However I found that some police just go for bikes - ie even drive very
dangerously (forcing lorries off the road almost - not a traffic car) to
catch a bike doing a little over the limit (70 in a 60).

[2] On the grounds that tarted up Novas seem to spend their lives doing
20mph through town centres with their radios on full blast, whereas
bikes actually go over the speed limit[3]

Haha

[3] Out of interest, does anybody else in ukrm try for "sets" of
speeding, i.e. trying to do double the limit for each speed limit
(30,40,50,60,70)? I'm still trying to get the full set for "Indicated
100mph _over_ the limit" - I've done 130 in a 30, 140 in a 40 and 160 in
an NSL, but I can't quite get manage to get an indicated 170 out of my
bike[4]. Also I can't find a 50 limit that is really suitable for 150.

No comment but I used to own a GSX600 AND I burnt off a Sierra Cosworth on a
twisty road!

Old August 7th 03, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Parry

Martin Imber wrote:

No comment but I used to own a GSX600 AND I burnt off a Sierra
Cosworth on a twisty road!

oooooooo *impressed* ..................NOT ;o)

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://wrexhamseals.tripod.com

Old August 7th 03, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andrewr At Work

"Steve Parry" wrote in message

Martin Imber wrote:

No comment but I used to own a GSX600 AND I burnt off a Sierra
Cosworth on a twisty road!

oooooooo *impressed* ..................NOT ;o)

How can somebody own a 600cc bike and still be under the impression that
Sierra Cosworths are, in any way, fast?

Let's face it, unless it is a _very_ twisty road and/or a poor surface
there shouldn't be any excuse for not being able to blow away a Cossie.

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1

Old August 7th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Parry

Martin Imber wrote:

No comment but I used to own a GSX600 AND I burnt off a Sierra
Cosworth on a twisty road!

oooooooo *impressed* ..................NOT ;o)

How can somebody own a 600cc bike and still be under the impression
that Sierra Cosworths are, in any way, fast?

Let's face it, unless it is a _very_ twisty road and/or a poor surface
there shouldn't be any excuse for not being able to blow away a
Cossie.

besides its a cage and therefore subject to the most important law of physics [1] .... it gets stuck
in traffic ;o)

[1] the one even smarty pants Newton never figured out.

Old August 7th 03, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andrewr At Work

"Steve Parry" wrote in message

Andrewr At Work wrote:

SNIP

How can somebody own a 600cc bike and still be under the impression
that Sierra Cosworths are, in any way, fast?

Let's face it, unless it is a _very_ twisty road and/or a poor surface
there shouldn't be any excuse for not being able to blow away a
Cossie.

besides its a cage and therefore subject to the most important law of physics [1] .... it gets stuck
in traffic ;o)

That's just not playing the game - if you are taunting^H^H^H^H^H racing
a car and it gets stuck in traffic you have to wait for it.

Old August 7th 03, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Parry

Andrewr At Work wrote:
"Steve Parry" wrote in message

Andrewr At Work wrote:

SNIP

How can somebody own a 600cc bike and still be under the impression
that Sierra Cosworths are, in any way, fast?

Let's face it, unless it is a _very_ twisty road and/or a poor
surface
there shouldn't be any excuse for not being able to blow away a
Cossie.

besides its a cage and therefore subject to the most important law
of physics [1] .... it gets stuck in traffic ;o)

That's just not playing the game - if you are taunting^H^H^H^H^H
racing
a car and it gets stuck in traffic you have to wait for it.

sometimes though smugness has its own special reward )

Although I have to admit the three R1's I diced with a couple of weekends ago were hard work for the
old K ;o) ... got two off 'em and the third did a very scary across into the other side of the road
hard on the brakes on a hairpin LOL

Old August 7th 03, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andrewr At Work

"Steve Parry" wrote in message

SNIP

Although I have to admit the three R1's I diced with a couple of weekends ago were hard work for the
old K ;o) ... got two off 'em and the third did a very scary across into the other side of the road
hard on the brakes on a hairpin LOL

Y'see the R1 is the perfect post-DAS bike, as people expect you to ride
like a clueless **** on one anyway.

Old August 7th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ben Blaney

Andrewr At Work wrote:

How can somebody own a 600cc bike and still be under the impression that
Sierra Cosworths are, in any way, fast?

I own a 600cc bike and I drove my mate Lee's RS500 ex-rally car, tuned
to give 550+bhp. It was fast.

--
Ben Blaney
GSF1200 VFR800 CBR600 CD200
Old August 7th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Lozzo

Andrewr At Work fascinated us all by saying...
"Steve Parry" wrote in message

SNIP

Although I have to admit the three R1's I diced with a couple of weekends ago were hard work for the
old K ;o) ... got two off 'em and the third did a very scary across into the other side of the road
hard on the brakes on a hairpin LOL

Y'see the R1 is the perfect post-DAS bike, as people expect you to ride
like a clueless **** on one anyway.

Today I completely kitted out a 22 year old with HG 1-piece leathers,
Arai, A/stars boots and gloves etc etc. He wanted all the best stuff. He
hasn't done his test, he doesn't even have a provisional, he hadn't
checked out insurance costs for the 2001 Yamaha R1 he's already bought,
and worst of all, he's never ever ridden a bike of any size or type
before.

I give him 2 days before he's riding illegally, and 2 weeks at the most
before he's a statistic.

I don't really care, cos it's Darwinism in action and he's just another
chunk of profit, that goes towards my sales target, to me.

--
Lozzo
'95 Kawasaki ZZR1100D, '97 Kawasaki GPZ500S, '83 Honda CB250RS

Old August 7th 03, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Parry

Lozzo wrote:
[...]

shudder its ****ing scary at times to be reminded of just who shares the road with
ya ;o)

At least a few years ago lads were skint and ran an ageing RD250 / KH250 / GT250 and
compared to an R1 had a chance at coping with it !