warning speed camera

Old August 7th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ben Blaney

Default warning speed camera

Andrewr At Work wrote:

[3] Out of interest, does anybody else in ukrm try for "sets" of
speeding, i.e. trying to do double the limit for each speed limit
(30,40,50,60,70)?

Oh yes. I've doubled them all, and I've tripled 30,40 and 50, but 60
and 70 are going to have to wait for a hayabusa (with turbo).

--
Ben Blaney
GSF1200 VFR800 CBR600 CD200
Old August 7th 03, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AndrewR

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message
Andrewr At Work wrote:

[3] Out of interest, does anybody else in ukrm try for "sets" of
speeding, i.e. trying to do double the limit for each speed limit
(30,40,50,60,70)?

Oh yes. I've doubled them all, and I've tripled 30,40 and 50, but 60
and 70 are going to have to wait for a hayabusa (with turbo).

Nah, it's clock speed and I'm sure a 'Busa can see 210 on the clock.

How are you doing for 100+?

When you get the 'Busa you'll also want to try for 150+, which is, frankly,
just getting silly

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1

Old August 7th 03, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Champ[_2_]

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:56:08 +0100, "AndrewR"
wrote:

When you get the 'Busa you'll also want to try for 150+, which is, frankly,
just getting silly

yebbut, given that the Busa indicates 150 in third, not out of the
question
--
Champ : A welcome patch of grey in a black and white world
GSX-R 1000, GPz 750 turbo, ZX-7RR Endurance Racer (nearly finished)
Old August 7th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AndrewR

wrote:

When you get the 'Busa you'll also want to try for 150+, which is,

frankly,
just getting silly

yebbut, given that the Busa indicates 150 in third, not out of the
question

Indeed, I'm sure in the 'Fast Bikes' video which has the Blackbird, 'Busa
and ZZR1100 in the guy on the BB has an indicated 2 ton on the clock when
the 'Busa comes steaming past him.

However, I've only seen it once, so I can't be sure.

Old August 7th 03, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ben Blaney

AndrewR wrote:

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message
.. .

Oh yes. I've doubled them all, and I've tripled 30,40 and 50, but 60
and 70 are going to have to wait for a hayabusa (with turbo).

Nah, it's clock speed and I'm sure a 'Busa can see 210 on the clock.

Sweet. A busa's definitely going to be my next bike. After a KTM LC4.

How are you doing for 100+?

Just 30, 40 and 50, I think. I've only seen 150mph on the CBR a handful
of times, but I made sure one occasion was in a 50 limit.

When you get the 'Busa you'll also want to try for 150+, which is, frankly,
just getting silly

I doubt I'll ever be able to do 180 in a 30! It'll take a better man
than me.

Old August 7th 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AndrewR

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message
AndrewR wrote:

SNIP

When you get the 'Busa you'll also want to try for 150+, which is,

frankly,
just getting silly

I doubt I'll ever be able to do 180 in a 30! It'll take a better man
than me.

Fortunately that doesn't narrow the field too much

Old August 10th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Steve Parry

Simon Atkinson wrote:
Ben Blaney said:

AndrewR wrote:

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message

Oh yes. I've doubled them all, and I've tripled 30,40 and

50, but
60 and 70 are going to have to wait for a hayabusa (with

turbo).

Nah, it's clock speed and I'm sure a 'Busa can see 210 on

the clock.

Sweet. A busa's definitely going to be my next bike.

Do it. Loved mine - apart from the fact that after 4000 miles

it was
falling to bits (second set of discs all pitted, paint flaking

etc
etc).

I'm tempted to get another one at the moment.

that build "quality" issue is the one thing that puts me off as
I keep my bikes for years ....

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk