warning speed camera

Old August 8th 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Alan Holmes

Default warning speed camera

"chris" wrote in message
after holidaying on Anglesey recently I noticed a van parked up on the

verge
of the A5 porthaethwy/menai bridge Anglesey
it was disguised as a delivery van but I noticed there was a camera

pointing
out of the back I forgot all about it until I returned home
and opened my mail to discover a speeding fine 60 and 3 points .I hold my
hands up yes I must of been speeding bit annoyed as I have a clean license
and am not a fast driver any way this has annoyed me as I feel it is
entrapment and in the police letter sent it states

"we use all means available to us to advise motorists and riders of our
camera locations"

obviously the man in the van wasn't informed of this

Did you ask to see the evidence?

All criminals are entitled to see the evidence of their crime.

Alan

Old August 10th 03, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Hotspur

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:25:53 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"chris" wrote in message
after holidaying on Anglesey recently I noticed a van parked up on the

verge
of the A5 porthaethwy/menai bridge Anglesey

[Snip]
I was holidaying in Anglesey when a moron in a clapped out pickup came
round a narrow bend in the middle of the road and smashed my car in
the ditch.I have a disabled wife and she was disressed in the
passenger seat but not hurt
He drove off,I called the law,up drove a police car took one look at
the car and brought out the breathyliser kit and made me take a test!
I don't drink so after the test was negative off he went to find the
other driver who was a local farmer.
I followed in my car with smashed wing and found them both talking and
laughing over some joke! I asked if the Farmer had been breathylised
and he said no as it was not necessary.
I could not claim for anything as there was no witnesses but when I
returned home I wrote stating i was persuing a claim for racial
distinction as I was tested being Scottish yet he wasn't being Welsh
and local,and also the policeman was Welsh,
In the end I stopped although the lawyer said I should go ahead to
teach them a lesson.If my wife had been hurt I would,now they can keep
that part of the world,the police are moronswho often just sit there
wishing their home toilet smelled as good and was as clean as the one
at the bus station! I'll never return,we've better scenery in the
Highlands anyway,just thought I'd pass it on,if you're in a knock make
sure both are tested if you are,you will have a good case and a
charge dropped if they don't.The farmer had three sheep in the back of
the pickup so I expect he was off to a dance,maybe one was for the
policeman!