CCTV

Old August 21st 03, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
kkkkkkk gggggggggg

Default CCTV

i have fitted CCTV cameras in the front and rear windows of my motorcaravan,
12 volt video recorder and video switcher, i have recorded some of the best
drives around scotland and wales, not to mention the ability to record any
one who crashes into me, would be happy to give instructions, part numbers
etc.

Old August 22nd 03, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"Dario Osaris" wrote in message

kkkkkkk gggggggggg wrote:
i have fitted CCTV cameras in the front and rear windows of my

motorcaravan,
12 volt video recorder and video switcher, i have recorded some of the

best
drives around scotland and wales, not to mention the ability to record

any
one who crashes into me, would be happy to give instructions,

thanx

one instruction please:

how to start the vcr recording 10 sec before the crash takes place?

Stick a camera on the dash, run a power wire to it, and a video cable back
to the VCR, (you have to have a 12 volt recording vcp in the van already, or
be prepared to fit one.. they only cost 100)
put a tape in the vcr, press record, focus the camera if needed and drive,

put a camera in the back window and run the camera's viceo cables to a video
switcher, and the output to the vcr, then select which camera to record
from, or have a switcher that switches between the 2 camera's,

run a video cable from the vcr/switcher to a monitor on the dash to use the
system as a reversing camera,

you have to have the vcr recording all the time, and hope the switcher is on
the correct camera for the crash (if you go out looking for them, they're
bound to happen that could be someone arse ending you while you brake for
the dozy git who's just dropped from 60 to 20 mph at a speedcamera (on a 70
mph road as usual) remember to switch the camera to front when that happens,
so when you get pushed into the bloke in front, you can show he was driving
dengerousely by slamming his brakes on at the sight of a speed camera.

i did something similar to this when we went around europe last year, i used
my digital still camera tho, it has a video out socket (for showing your
pictures on a TV), i mounted the camera on the dash, turned power save off
and all the on screen displays, ran a cable from the video out to the vcr in
the back of the van, (i had to add a micraphone and pre-amp to the sound
input on the vcr, as my camera dosent have sound)
made up a 5 volt regulator to power the camera while traveling and save the
battery,

powered up the still camera, pressed record on the vcr and drove, i got
about 4 days of driving before i got bored, (plus vicky wanted to take still
pictures of things out hte window) on the 5th day we went into switzerland,
and drove over some of the most beutifull roads we'd ever seen, (up mountian
passes, then back down and through the tunnels just for fun), i now regret
not filming that part of the trip, i have a few tapes of driving through the
black forrest area of germany tho

Old August 22nd 03, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris

kkkkkkk gggggggggg wrote:

how to start the vcr recording 10 sec before the crash takes place?

i leave it running all the time, 4 hour tape on long play, = 8 hours of
driving

well,
statisticaly speaking I was involved in a crash once in
8 years (average).

So the idea is to stress the VCR for recording 8 years of driving for
about 20 secs hit?

nice idea ;-)

Dario

Old August 22nd 03, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave

Come on Campi get your spelling right before taking the mickey out of
someone elses sensible comments.