Body Swapping a Romahome

Old August 24th 03, 02:39 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
steve

Default Body Swapping a Romahome

I've just picked up a Romahome on an '83 Daihatsu, can anyone tell me if I
can transplant it to a Rascal, Honda, Suzuki etc. I'm assuming the camper
body is the same and would like to know how easy it would be to swap to a
different base motor.

Steve

Old August 31st 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
terry

Hi Steve
very easy if you have the demounting legs though not impossible if you
don't the one thing you need to check is the height of the cab on the donor
pickup if its higher then you have more work to do and you need to know what
you are doing with fibre glass having said that all you do is undo the
fastening bolts jack the body up drive the pickup from underneath then take
the mounting brackets off the pickup fasten them to the new pickup drive the
new pickup underneath lower the lower the body fasten the bolts and away you
go
regards
terry

Old August 31st 03, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
terry

Steve
forgot to mention the electrics you will have to transfer the plug for the
lights from the old pickup to the new pickup
regards
terry