Scotland - end october, info please

Old August 27th 03, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
steveC

Default Scotland - end october, info please

I've been up around that area late on in the year and couldn't find any
campsites open, even the ones that were supposed to be.
Luckily the pub owners were very friendly (even had biscuits behind the
bar for the dog) and let me stay on their car parks or showed me a nice safe
quit spot to park up. You'll find most evrybody friendly though. North
Berwick was really friendly reverting back to it's normal self as all the
"golfers" hibernate for the winter.
Make sure you have plenty of gas for the heater because it can get
pretty cold.

Steve

"Martin Johnsson" wrote in message
Hi, info needed for some Brit-loving Swedes.

A weeks round trip i western scotland last week of october, insane or a

good
idea?

Anyone that could suggest a good place to look for a motorcaravan for hire
near Glasgow?(Ryanair is shortly opening a route to Gothenburg).

To cold? We were thinking about Fort William, Skye, Inverness, Edinb, and
back to Glasgow.

Sites open? Will we be able to have somewhere to stop, safe for the night
and with proper showers etc. Or if camping sites are closed, are there
opther options?

Ease of driving? Have driven a quite large R/V in California, and have

made
several trips to "lefthanded" Britain in my Chrysler Voyager. We will not
attempt any "dirt" roads, so i feel we are up to it, but any suggestions
please?

All comments (apart from the rude) thankfully appreciated. We have been in
Britain once or twice a year the last 5-6 years, but never closer to

camping
then a static caravan.

Best regards

Martin