poss first time buy

Old August 28th 03, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
chris

Default poss first time buy

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:29:42 +0100, "ted_radioham"
wrote:

This is possibly impossible to answer but here goes, I am thinking of
possibly buying a second hand motorhome, I am do not have much money to
spare as I am retired (sob storey), what would be the lowest price I should
think of paying to avoid buying a load of unreliable rubbish. I don,t expect
a rolls royce for mini prices but I see lot's of adverts in the local
paper/ad mag offering all sorts for as low as 1 k. I realise this is
possibly an unanswerable question but any tips. Is there a dealer in
motorhomes at the lower end of the market ? or is it not worth it. Thanks in
advance.

Ted

Do your research first. Buy Caravan & Motorhome Mart - theres also one
by Auto Trader. Plently of reasonable buys in there. Dont be afraid
to stop and ask people with campers what their particular model is
like and what is its pitfalls.