VW transporter oil

Old August 27th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Martin Warwick

Default VW transporter oil

Hi,
anyone know what the best oil to use in a E reg petrol, water cooled
transporter. I have heard rumours that the engine is susceptible to blowing
up with the wrong oil. Your comments please.
Martin

Old August 29th 03, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

"Martin Warwick" wrote in
:

Hi,
anyone know what the best oil to use in a E reg petrol, water cooled
transporter. I have heard rumours that the engine is susceptible to
blowing up with the wrong oil. Your comments please.

Martin,

Are you getting confused with the coolant? Oil I use in my T3 is 15/40
synthetic and is changed every 5,000 miles.

Find your nearest VW agent - they will advise on coolant and change/top-up
for you. This is crucial as there is a chemical in the coolant that stops
the bolts on the engine corroding and giving up at the most crucial moment!

Hope this helps.

Helly.