Motorcycles

Old September 7th 03, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Le0n_Ne0n

Default Motorcycles

Just a quick question, does anyone have any experience in carrying a
motorbike on the back of a van conversion ? mine is a Toyota Hiace - when I
say motorbike I mean 125cc - 600cc trail bike, not scooter - Dave Cooper Ltd
do a towball attached frame thing has anyone used these? do the police take
in interest in something which to me looks overloaded?

TIA

Leon.

Old September 15th 03, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hardy

Dave Cooper Ltd should be able to calculate the available weight for your
towbar/van. There is a formula which takes into account the unladen weight
of the vehicle, gross weight, wheelbase, rear overhang, etc. A trail bike
should be fairly light(ish) anyhow. We have a Pan which we have to tow
behind our Hymer :(

Yes, the cops will pull you if you're obviously overloaded with your rear
axle dragging along on the ground....