Motor home - motor caravan

Old September 11th 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ulrike Messerschmidt

Default Motor home - motor caravan

Hello everyone,

I always thought that "motorhome" was the American expression for the
British "motorcaravan".

Now I am just back from a wonderful vacation in Ireland, Scotland,
Wales and England. There I found the rather common magazine "MMM -
motorhome motrcaravan monthly". So motorhomes and motorcaravans must
be something different. Could anyone tell me this difference, please?

TIA
Uli (Graz, Austria)

Old September 16th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

"Ulrike Messerschmidt" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I always thought that "motorhome" was the American expression for the
British "motorcaravan".

Now I am just back from a wonderful vacation in Ireland, Scotland,
Wales and England. There I found the rather common magazine "MMM -
motorhome motrcaravan monthly". So motorhomes and motorcaravans must
be something different. Could anyone tell me this difference, please?

TIA
Uli (Graz, Austria)

I can't see there's any difference. I just find 'motorhome' slightly easier
to pronounce.

Old September 17th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hoot

Motorhome and Motorcaravan are both the same thing

I prefer motorhome

Old September 17th 03, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ulrike Messerschmidt

Hello,

hoot schrieb:

Motorhome and Motorcaravan are both the same thing

I prefer motorhome

Thank you everybody for answering to my question. I've also asked the
editor of MMM and he said that the third "M" would avoid the
possibility of people coming out of the shop with a packet of M&M
sweets :-)

No matter hat the "correct" word should be - our vacation in GB was
great!

Regards,
Uli (Graz, Austria)

Old September 25th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Keith[_3_]

"Ulrike Messerschmidt" wrote in message ...
Hello everyone,

I always thought that "motorhome" was the American expression for the
British "motorcaravan".

Now I am just back from a wonderful vacation in Ireland, Scotland,
Wales and England. There I found the rather common magazine "MMM -
motorhome motrcaravan monthly". So motorhomes and motorcaravans must
be something different. Could anyone tell me this difference, please?

TIA
Uli (Graz, Austria)

I usually think of a motorhome as one of these great big American jobs
you could full time in, whereas a motorcaravan, or motorvan, is
something more akin to our Frod Transit.

Just to throw another name in, despite it's make, my son tells people
that his parents have got a "caravanette"!

I often refer to it as our "tin tent".

:-)

Keith