How Much In Litres do gas bottles Hold

Old September 20th 03, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
steve

Default How Much In Litres do gas bottles Hold

Is there a table anywhere which lists full contents of gas bottles in litres
Not Kg

just curious how much I get in my 3.9kg propane bottles

Old September 20th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
hugh

In message , steve
writes
Is there a table anywhere which lists full contents of gas bottles in litres
Not Kg

just curious how much I get in my 3.9kg propane bottles

Approx 2 litres per Kg, which makes it about 1.50 per litre compared
with about 37p per litre at an autogas fuel station.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid
Old September 20th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ask me first

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , steve
writes
Is there a table anywhere which lists full contents of gas bottles in

litres
Not Kg

just curious how much I get in my 3.9kg propane bottles

Approx 2 litres per Kg, which makes it about 1.50 per litre compared
with about 37p per litre at an autogas fuel station.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid

How did you work that out Hugh? My understanding of liquids and weights is
that the specific gravity of lpg is around .505 for propane and .580 for
butane, so to convert the weight of 3.9kg to volume in litres you divide the
weight by the specific gravity and voila - the volume.

in this case 3.9 / .505 = 7.7 ltrs
?
where have i gone wrong... im confused

you could also go the long way = kg * 2.205 /10 *sg =(imp Gallons) *4.55 =
litres

Old September 20th 03, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ask me first

And of course if i read your reply correctly i would have realised you had
the same answer...

duh!
I must keep off this lager stuff...

"Ask me first" wrote in message
news

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , steve
writes
[...]

=
litres

Old September 21st 03, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
B-zirQ

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:59:16 +0100, "steve"
wrote:

Is there a table anywhere which lists full contents of gas bottles in litres
Not Kg

just curious how much I get in my 3.9kg propane bottles

There's a whole heap of technical info he

http://www.lpga.co.uk/TypicalPropofCommercialLPG.htm

--
QrizB

be fooled.
Old September 22nd 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
steve

I knew we were getting ripped off , but that is well over the top. I
think I'll fit a tank for the winter I should be able to get my money back
fairly quickly.

Steve

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , steve
writes

Old September 23rd 03, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"steve" wrote in message
I knew we were getting ripped off , but that is well over the top. I
think I'll fit a tank for the winter I should be able to get my money back
fairly quickly.

Unless you do a lot of camping in winter with the gas fire on I wouldn't
bank on it. Also remember you'll be barred from places like the channel
tunnel and some european tunnels that don't allow fitted tanks.

Rgds

Andy R

Old September 23rd 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
fred

Buy larger bottles

Fred
Old September 24th 03, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"steve" wrote in message
I knew we were getting ripped off , but that is well over the top. I
think I'll fit a tank for the winter I should be able to get my money back
fairly quickly.

i fitted a tank last year, best thing i ever did, fill up when you want,
before you've run out, in luxembourg i filled my 27 litre tank for about 4
euro's!!!

sure you can't go on the chunnel, but at around 500 quid to do so, the ferry
at 150 gets my custom every time,

once your abroad filling stations are common, as most countries run lpg
cars, i went all over switserland last year, and never found a tunnel i
wasn't alowed through, i found one that had a limit to the ammount of gas in
bottles, but fixed tanks were exempted,

if anyting all that happens is you have to pull into the dangerouse goods
lay by, and someone will ask how many litres the tank holds, and check it's
shut off at the tap, then let you through.. happens at the tyne and wear
tunnel.. (not sure if that's the name of it, but it's up that way)

you cna buy gas for it's real cost at some heating gas suppliers, about 12 p
per litre, you have to prove it's not for road use most times, and some like
a calor filling point wont sell you the cheap gas anyway, diesels can use
lpg assistance, and that's done using the vapour, so a dip tube not being
present on the tank dosent mean the engine isnt being fed gas nowadays)

Old September 24th 03, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:50:22 +0000 (UTC), "CampinGazz" wrote:

| "steve" wrote in message
| I knew we were getting ripped off , but that is well over the top. I
| think I'll fit a tank for the winter I should be able to get my money back
| fairly quickly.
|
| i fitted a tank last year, best thing i ever did, fill up when you want,
| before you've run out, in luxembourg i filled my 27 litre tank for about 4
| euro's!!!

Q. When will the governments equalise the costs of LPG, petrol and diesel
with the tax system?
A. As soon as they need more money.

Dave F