Aquarinse

Old September 22nd 03, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Jim Stanley

Default Aquarinse

Anybody out there had problems with the pink rinse degrading in the filler
tank and producing a black scum.

Old September 22nd 03, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Digweed .. \)

Jim Stanley tried to scribble ...

Anybody out there had problems with the pink rinse degrading in the
filler tank and producing a black scum.

Yup ..

Doesn't hurt anything ..

--
Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250

Old September 22nd 03, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

--
"Jim Stanley" wrote in message
Anybody out there had problems with the pink rinse degrading in the filler
tank and producing a black scum.

Jim

It is a well known problem that Thetford are looking into. From my
experience it forms when the toilet flushing has not been operated for some
time but is left partially full of flushing water. We have reduced the
problem by filling the tank with water several times and flushing it through
the system. The problem is that after each time you clear the black bit they
seem to come back even worse. Has anyone ever taken the flushing tank apart
on a C200 series?

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports

Old September 27th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
marcleman

We had the same problem. It was caused by leaving the flush water in
the flush tank for several months instead of draining it out when not
in use. People suggested all sorts of ways to get rid of it,
including bleach etc. But alas, all temporary fixes.

The only way to get rid of it was to 'lift' out the hand flush unit
which then gives access to the flush holding tank. I power washed it
out (with an elbow attachment on the end of the spray lance), then
got in there with a long brush to clean areas where the power jet
couldn't reach, I also disassembled the pump to clean that out as
well, because black growth had grown in there as well.

Steve of Herefordshire

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/monkley...home/start.htm