Auto-Sleeper Exec MPG & Performance

Old October 9th 03, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Spires

Default Auto-Sleeper Exec MPG & Performance

Hi
Newbie ( to Motorcaravanning) Question.

What are the MPG and Performance figures that I should hope to get on my
newly acquired Auto-sleepers Executive, its a 1998 model based on a Peugeot
2.5 plain Diesel. any other help or tips would be appreciated too.

Mike

Old October 9th 03, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dodger

Mike Spires wrote:
Hi
Newbie ( to Motorcaravanning) Question.

What are the MPG and Performance figures that I should hope to get on my
newly acquired Auto-sleepers Executive, its a 1998 model based on a Peugeot
2.5 plain Diesel. any other help or tips would be appreciated too.

Mike

Mine is a 2.5TD (2000 model) and probably does around 28mpg, however get
it on a motorway/
dual carriageway hold it around 55/60mph in 5th and I have had 33mpg out
of it on long
distances where I have been able to monitor. For its size I am quite
happy with its fuel
consumption over last two years. I cant speak for non turbo version but
mine does what I ask
in terms of performance on hills etc both here and in Europe. Upto
now mechanically sound
other than me recently seeing a front shocker off on the potholes of
Ireland, but I cant blame the
van for that.

Old October 9th 03, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Spires

Doger

Thanks for the reply and your figures, I am hoping to get a similar figure
but it will, of course, take a few hundred miles to get a true average. I
will be using the Auto-sleeper as an occasional second car...and as I wrote
in a thread on the Caravanning news group I do like to think I am driving
"efficiently", more as a challenge than because I am tight! Your figures
will give me a target to attain, when I was working, i.e. the last 43 years,
I used to bomb around everywhere, foot to the floor, got to get there as
fast as I could..time was precious. Now after a couple of years of stopping
work my driving is settling down, I enjoy taking in the scenery, but the
challenge of making my everyday car 350 miles on a tank of petrol is one I
cannot resist! You still won't find me in the slow lane but then again I
don't use the brakes very much either!...lol

Mike

Old October 9th 03, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dodger

Mike Spires wrote:
Dodger

[...]

The next thing you should do is have a look on the following web site
http://www.asoc.fsnet.co.uk/
This is the A-S Owners club web site