Propane or Butane or both?

Old October 12th 03, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
SH

Default Propane or Butane or both?

My motorhome came with a ready supply of propane which initially I thought
was a pity as I have always used butane on my previous motorhomes &
consequently had a couple of spare bottles.
My initial thoughts was to change it over after I had used the gas & then
change the regulator.
However, after a few weeks of propane use I am not so sure - is it my
imagination or is propane more economical. Clearly there are advantages
using it in winter but then again I have two butane cylinders.
Ideally I would like to exchange the butane cylinders for propane ones -
can this be done??
On the other hand perhaps I could fit them both in the locker and have a
switch over switch to enable me to run on either but I don't think that this
would be possible.

Any advice?

Steve

Old October 12th 03, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
The Man in the tree

There are a couple of garages in my area, where I get refills, neither of
them seem too bothered if I take in an empty butane and swap for a propane.
If your supplier won't swap, just try somewhere else.

Trefor

. ..

Old October 13th 03, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
bill lord

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:49:06 +0100, "SH" wrote:

However, after a few weeks of propane use I am not so sure - is it my
imagination or is propane more economical. Clearly there are advantages
using it in winter but then again I have two butane cylinders.
Ideally I would like to exchange the butane cylinders for propane ones -
can this be done??

No problems with swopping like cylinder sizes, every dealer should do
it without question.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old October 13th 03, 12:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter Milnes

I get my supplies of Propane by just going into my local hardware store, handing
over 11.75 and walking out with a full bottle.

Cheers, Peter.

"The Man in the tree" wrote in message
: There are a couple of garages in my area, where I get refills, neither of
: them seem too bothered if I take in an empty butane and swap for a propane.
: If your supplier won't swap, just try somewhere else.
:
: Trefor
:
: "SH" wrote in message