power in a 'van

Old October 14th 03, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Cartmell

Default power in a 'van

Does anyone know what is the safe limit one can draw power in a
motorcaravan at a CCC site?

--
John Cartmell FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
Acorn Publisher magazine & FD Games
Old October 14th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Digweed .. \)

John Cartmell tried to scribble ...

Does anyone know what is the safe limit one can draw power in a
motorcaravan at a CCC site?

Depends on the site, some have decent electrics, some are abysmal.

--
Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette,

Old October 14th 03, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

John Cartmell wrote in
:

Does anyone know what is the safe limit one can draw power in a
motorcaravan at a CCC site?

How much do you really need?

Can you split your usage between leisure battery for lighting (charged
from your ZIG) and essentials like heater, kettle, etc, from 240v?

I ask as this is how I do it and it works fine;

I always think that the maximum I can draw is 16Amps which is 3.8kw -
meaning my 1kw heater at night would draw just over 4A and my 700w kettle
just under 3A. Have a 600w mini oven that I know, from the figures above,
I can run at the same time as the kettle and also the heater which brings
my total load to under 10A.

Remember the ZIG can draw 2A (480w). Lighting is all 12v.

Only ever had the trip go in Scotland despite it saying 16A on it.

A handy online calculator can be found he

http://www.lightshow.cc/explorer/Cal...lculators.html

Hope this helps.

HK.
Old October 14th 03, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Cartmell

In article ,
Digweed .. ;\) wrote:
John Cartmell tried to scribble ...

Does anyone know what is the safe limit one can draw power in a
motorcaravan at a CCC site?

Depends on the site, some have decent electrics, some are abysmal.

Assume it's a decent length of string ;-)

Old October 14th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Digweed .. \)

Digweed .. ;\) wrote:
John Cartmell tried to scribble ...

Does anyone know what is the safe limit one can draw power in a
motorcaravan at a CCC site?

Depends on the site, some have decent electrics, some are abysmal.

Assume it's a decent length of string ;-)

Generally 10 Amps is considered adequate to decent. Many sites still only
deliver 4 A though .. I have been on a site that one could draw 14 Amps on
... but this was in France.