Site near Amsterdam ?

Old October 19th 03, 05:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Default Site near Amsterdam ?

If anyone can recommend a good site near Amsterdam for a few days at half
term I would be very grateful. The site will have to be able to take a large
motorhome.

Thanks in advance

--
Remove "the brain" to reply

Old October 19th 03, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

--
"AH" wrote in message
If anyone can recommend a good site near Amsterdam for a few days at half
term I would be very grateful. The site will have to be able to take a

large
motorhome.

Thanks in advance

There is a site in Amsterdam called Gaasper Camping (S?) I have not been
there but there are several reports on the web if you do a search.
Alternatively you could stay at Delft and go into Amsterdam by train, it
takes about an hour. We stayed at Camping Delftse Hout, when we stayed in
June of this year there was a reasonably large American motorhome using the
site. Have a look at my web site for details of the camp site.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old October 19th 03, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"AH" wrote in message
If anyone can recommend a good site near Amsterdam for a few days at half
term I would be very grateful. The site will have to be able to take a

large
motorhome.

Thanks in advance

--
Remove "the brain" to reply

We stayed at Gaasper in August. Though it was very busy (lots of tents), the
caravan pitches were good with good spacing and hardstanding/hookups. The
facilities were reasonable, and would be much better if not so busy.

The site is very convenient for visiting Amsterdam, as it is 5 minutes easy
walk away from the metro terminus, and there are day tickets which cover the
journey in and all the trams at an economic rate.

My motorhome is around 7m long and the pitches were easily big enough. Would
recommend it.

www.gaaspercamping-amsterdam.nl

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old October 20th 03, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip

"AH" wrote:

If anyone can recommend a good site near Amsterdam for a few days at half
term I would be very grateful. The site will have to be able to take a large
motorhome.

I would highly recommend Camping Zeeburg. It's the closest site
to Amsterdam centre which means you can always leg it back if you
miss the last Metro tram (around 12.30 pm). Cheap food & drink,
good clean facilities, pleasant surroundings, great atmosphere
and the friendliest place we've ever visited. Although the age
groups are mixed it may be a little lively for some.
www.campingzeeburg.nl

They also rent wooden cabins fairly cheaply. Basic but sufficient
if you are traveling without a camper/caravan, or if you have
passengers needing extra accommodation.
Old October 23rd 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
terry

om it is the official dutch tourist site you can send on line for a brochure
for a list of campsites you will get it in the post in a couple of days we
have used camping zeeburg and canping bos both are good and will take large
motorhomes though would not recommend zeeburg for disabled

Old October 24th 03, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

--
Remove "the brain" to reply