Chipping the Ducato 2.0 JTD

Old January 7th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

Default Chipping the Ducato 2.0 JTD

"Andy R" wrote in message

"SH" wrote in message
. ..

snip

On some applications it will also increase the boost pressure by opening

the
waste gate at a different time.

Rgds

Andy R

You beat me to it Andy! Don't forget also that the ECU measures several
parameters, eg exhaust gas oxygen levels, temperatures etc, so it's a bit
more complex than just timing the injection. Waste gates are commonly used
to dump boost pressure to save the transmission. Turbos massively increase
mid-range torque which will often knock out gearboxes if uncontrolled. But
again manufacturers are extremely conservative with this. However it's more
low-speed torque that I want and a turbo won't help that much. A 6-speed box
is perhaps the answer!

Old April 25th 13, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

On Saturday, January 3, 2004 5:53:10 PM UTC, SH wrote:
I have asked before but have not received any response.
Has anybody had any experience of chipping their Fiat Ducato motorhome.

Steve

I bought a motrhome that had a 1997cc diesel engine ,Didn't think to ask the engine size when buying thought it woukd come wth the correct engine size.. it's not powerful enough so I had it re chipped and it's erformance as increased dramatically. had it for 5 years now with ni trouble at all. Make sure they fit a larger cooler when rechipping
Old January 18th 16, 06:23 PM
Brian Noble Brian Noble is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Marriott View Post
Sorry if this sounds dense, but what do you mean by "Chipping"??

Do you mean "chips" as in those gained from stones that fly off the road??
Or do you mean "Chipping" as with electronics where you want to be able to
use cheats or pirated software??

If the later, chip what??????

Why would you need to "Chip" a Ducato??? Is it stolen???

Mike.

"SH" wrote in message
. ..
I have asked before but have not received any response.
Has anybody had any experience of chipping their Fiat Ducato motorhome.

Steve

Ha! You gotta laugh at the previous reply. Steve the 2 litre JTD Ducato engine is turboed and should move just about any van at a good clip, unless something is wrong either with the turbo or the fuel supply. It really doesnt need chipping!