Help Needed To Trace A Stolen Twin Axle Caravan........

Old July 10th 03, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Malc

Default Help Needed To Trace A Stolen Twin Axle Caravan........

Hello group...

I'm posting some details of a stolen twin axle caravan in the hope in can be
returned intact & undamaged to its rightful owners.
Can you help?

Yesterday [9th July 2003] at approx 10:30am in Strood, Rochester Kent, some
person/s decided they would relive from a hard working, honest, decent
couple of people you could wish to meet, of their "family caravan" from off
the drive at their home address. The security fitments that were in place,
ie: Bulldog Wheel Clamp/Hitchlock/Strong large chain padlocked & shackled
around axle/Alarm... and subsequently were all removed by the thief/thieves,
yet again goes to show what lengths some people will go to obtain 'our'
property.

Here are some details that the owner has passed onto me, if anyone has been,
or gets, or knows of anyone that may have been offered a caravan for sale
fitting any of these details, please contact Kent Police on 01622 690690
[crime number D2/12741/03]

All follow ups to this message I will forward onto the distraught
couple.......

Please help if you know or hear of ANYTHING.....Thank you for your time in
reading this message.

Caravan details:
Year 2000 Model....Compass Aztec 600 Twin Axle
Vin Number SG5TPL3CPYAZ
Electrolux Air Condition Unit On Roof

Interior Contents.....
Isabella Acrylic Full Awning c/w Two Side Annexes
2 x Wastemaster Containers
Brand New Sleeping Bags
Brand New Portable CD/FM Radio
Many many more items too numerous to mention

Old July 11th 03, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Malc" wrote in message
Hello group...

I'm posting some details of a stolen twin axle caravan in the hope in can

be
returned intact & undamaged to its rightful owners.

Unfortunately the place to look for it would be the local diddy camp, and
even the police wont go near a diddy camp if you could prove it was the one
stolen from a distance, they tend to take unkindly to people who try to take
stuff off them, even tho almost everything they own was taken by them selves
from someone else.

Old July 11th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Selectamark

Has the owner reported the theft to the HPI/CRIS desk (Caravan
Registration Identification Scheme)? They will record it as stolen on
the national database so that all police forces will be able to restore
it to the owner if they are lucky enough to recover it. The phone
number is 01722 411430.

They will ask for the full VIN number - the one posted in the message
isn't correct because caravan VINs should be 17 characters.
Alternatively, if you can find out the correct VIN and post back here we
will notify the CRIS desk on the owner's behalf.

Chris Taylor

In article , Malc
writes

Old July 11th 03, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Malc

Default Stolen Twin Axle Caravan....Correct VIN number.....

Has the owner reported the theft to the HPI/CRIS desk (Caravan
Registration Identification Scheme)? They will record it as stolen on
the national database so that all police forces will be able to restore
it to the owner if they are lucky enough to recover it. The phone
number is 01722 411430.

They will ask for the full VIN number - the one posted in the message
isn't correct because caravan VINs should be 17 characters.
Alternatively, if you can find out the correct VIN and post back here we
will notify the CRIS desk on the owner's behalf.

Chris Taylor

Hi Chris

I do apologise for not supplying the correct full 17 character VIN number in
my message, I think it's a sign of old age creeping up, or that I'm long
overdue a visit to my optician!! Thank you for noticing my error.

I contacted my friends & now I have the VIN number in full.

SG5TPL3CPYAZ10244

Also they asked me to say a sincere 'thank you' to you for offering to
inform the CRIS on their behalf, and 'yes please' to go ahead with your very
kind offer, of which they are extremely grateful for.

Regards
Malc

Old July 15th 03, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jester

What's al this "they" ********: it's obviously your van so why not say so.
Anyway, it's in Ireland now.

Old July 16th 03, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Malc

Excuse me 'jester'.... But if you are attempting to be funny in your comment
on my friends caravan now being in Ireland, do us all a favour will you.....
Get a life!!!!